Online grocery stores in Hong Kong save us so much hassle, from our go-to supermarkets like ParknShop and Wellcome to pandamart and Farmer’s Market, we’re spoiled with grocery delivery options!
In the midst of juggling work and chores at home, it can get hard sometimes to do a quick run to the supermarket or wet market. We love that these online grocery stores give us the option to have our goods delivered straight to our door (no hefty bags to carry!). Also, your local supermarket may not always have products that suit your dietary needs — be it vegan, kosher, halal or organic. These online grocery stores in Hong Kong make shopping hassle-free and convenient, and offer a wider selection of produce.
Featured Grocery Stores
General & Household Items Grocery Stores
Fruit & Vegetables Grocery Stores
Meat & Seafood Grocery Stores
Health & Organic Grocery Stores
Plant-Based Grocery Stores
Online Grocery Stores – Featured
Biltong Chief – Quality barbecue meats from South Africa and beyond
Originally specialising in the tasty high-protein South African cured meat snack “biltong”, online butcher Biltong Chief has since expanded its offering to include a wide selection of quality barbecue meats. We’re talking grass-fed steaks, farm-style sausages, marinated pork ribs, yellowfin tuna steaks and more. Promising excellent value for money, alongside great customer service and speedy delivery, Biltong Chief is the go-to for all your barbecue needs. Delivery is available across most parts of Hong Kong (head here for the full list) for a $60 flat rate delivery fee (no minimum spend is required).
Use the code “Sassy50” to get $50 off your first order. Offer valid until Sunday, 31 March, 2024.
Cheese Club – Gourmet Food At Friendly Prices
Pantry looking rather bare? Hong Kong’s leading premium food provider Cheese Club has you covered with its top-notch selection of artisanal cheeses and bounty of organic fruits and veggies. The online gourmet grocery also offers a value-for-money range of upmarket meat and seafood, as well as high-quality French wines and bubbles. Be sure to keep an eye out on the website for its curated Monthly Offer, bringing you the best value-for-money delicacies in town. Alternatively, you can order straight from The Shop and enjoy next-day delivery, with maximum freshness guaranteed!
Enter the code SASSYCHEESE23 to receive a gift worth $50-$80 upon making a purchase on the website. Offer valid until Sunday, 31 March, 2024.
Read More: Where To Buy Cheese In Hong Kong
Online Grocery Stores – General & Household Items
Farm Fresh 330 – Shop grocery staples for a good cause
From grocery staples to snacks and personal care products, this pick has it all (look out for the range of organic veggies which have been freshly picked from its own farm). What’s more, as a social enterprise run by New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, Farm Fresh aims to create opportunities for those recovering from mental illness. Delivery is available via SF Express (a minimum spend of $100 is required).
Farm Fresh 330, eshop330.hk
Pandamart – Order from a range of grocery stores at once
Ready to deliver in just 20 minutes, foodpanda mall is perfect for when you need your groceries delivered ASAP. In addition to its own store pandamart, which stocks everything from food to house and kitchenware, personal care items and more, you can use the foodpanda mall section to order from a range of grocery stores, including M&S, PARKnSHOP and Yata.
More General & Household Items Grocery Stores
- British Essentials – Free delivery available (for purchases over $290) across Hong Kong depending on spend (varies by location – head here for further details). Delivery days are from Monday to Sunday, between 9am and 6pm. britishessentials.com.hk
- Feather & Bone – Free same-day delivery (order before 2pm) is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands and other rural areas) for orders of $600 or more, otherwise there is a $150 delivery fee. featherandbone.com.hk
- Flair Food – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong for orders of $500 or more. www.flairfood.com
- Homegrown Foods – Free delivery is available on orders of $458 or more, otherwise, there is a $100 delivery fee. homegrownfoods.hk
Online Grocery Stores – Fruit & Vegetables
Dragontail Farm Ltd. – In-season herbs and vegetables
Dragontail Farm dedicates itself to harvesting organic foods for locals, from locals. Located on Lantau Island, it sells in-season foods and hopes to expose more people to unique and little-known veggies like angled loofahs, silk gourds, water spinach and more. There’s also a wide variety of herbs, as well as veggie staples like tomatoes, cabbage and the like. Head here for grocery delivery details.
Dragontail Farm, Luk Tei Tong, Mui Wo, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, www.leoying.wixsite.com
Read More: Your Neighbourhood Guide To Mui Wo
Eat FRESH – Locally sourced organic produce
Looking to support local and eat organic? Eat FRESH has you covered. All of its produce is farmed in New Territories by organic farmers, and all of its products are HKORC-certified and undergo annual testing. Make sure to sign up for its Fruit & Veg Subscription Plan, which makes eating healthy easier than ever before.
South Stream Market – Long-standing local grocer with gluten-free, halal and vegan options
Covering Hong Kong’s grocery needs since 1992, you can trust South Stream Market to deliver value, fresh produce and quality. Organic, chilled, dry-aged or grass-fed premium meats, seafood and fresh produce are all just a click away, along with gluten-free, halal and vegan options, international gourmet treats and more!
South Stream Market, www.southstreammarket.com
Read More: Your Guide To Halal Restaurants In Hong Kong
Online Grocery Stores – Meat & Seafood
Eat The Kiwi – Award-winning grocery offering New Zealand produce
Enjoy the best of New Zealand’s gourmet right here in Hong Kong thanks to award-winning online grocer Eat The Kiwi. Head here for everything from fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood, to snacks and even meal kits complete with detailed recipes! Passionate about sustainability, its seafood is sustainably sourced; all of its meat is steroid, hormone and antibiotic-free; plus, it’s all packaged in 99 percent biodegradable wrapping known as Wool Cool.
Farmer’s Market – Sustainably-farmed, hormone and antibiotic-free meat and seafood
Perfect for those of us who are becoming a little more conscious about what we put into our bodies, trusted online butcher Farmer’s Market promises sustainably farmed, hormone and antibiotic-free meat and seafood. From 100 percent grass-fed Australian beef to free-range Australian chicken and naturally-farmed Australian salmon, this pick has you covered for all your butcher needs.
Farmer’s Market, www.farmersmarket.com.hk
Jett Foods – Top-quality meats at competitive prices
Jett Foods offers top-quality meat and seafood by importing its products from various parts of the world, all at highly competitive prices. Along with meat and seafood, you’ll also find superfoods, nuts and other snacks, veggies, wine and condiments at its online marketplace.
Tenderloin Fine Food – Ethically sourced meats and plant-based substitutes
Get your healthy proteins from Tenderloin Fine Food. Notable for its commitment to raising animals in humane conditions, it’s been servicing Hong Kong with grass-fed meats, organic poultry and sustainably-harvested produce since 1989. There is also a selection of plant-based substitutes available too for those looking to cut back on their meat intake.
More Meat & Seafood Items Grocery Stores
- Aussie Meat – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong on orders over $700. www.aussiemeat.hk
- 178 Degrees – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands) for orders over $800, otherwise there is a $150 delivery fee. www.178degrees.com
- Loi Chan Frozen Meat Co. – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong depending on spend (varies by location). loichan.com
- My Meat Man – Free delivery across Hong Kong (excluding Sai King Country Park and South Lantau) for orders of $800 or more, otherwise there is a $100 or $200 delivery fee depending on location. www.mymeatman.com
- Pacific Rich – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding Lantau South and Ma Wan) on all orders, (a minimum spend of $380 is required). www.pacificrichresources.com
- Seafood Society – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands) depending on spend (varies by location). Delivery days are from Monday to Friday, depending on location (head here for further details). seafoodsociety.hk
- Waves Pacific – Free delivery is available for orders over $1,000, otherwise, there is a $200 delivery fee. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday. www.wavespacific.com
Read More: Top Butcher Shops In Hong Kong
Online Grocery Stores – Health & Organic
BIOVEA – High-end health and beauty products
Stock up on high-end health and beauty products from all over the world at BIOVEA. Grocery-wise, this pick sells vitamins and supplements targeted to your individual problems, alongside a selection of smoothie ingredients, snacks, herbal tea and coffees, spices and more. On top of that, keep yourself groomed with its wide range of beauty products and personal care, or shop for your pets too with its cat and dog-dedicated categories.
Organic Plus – Affordable organic goods
“It’s like going to the supermarket, but a much healthier one,” says Organic Plus. Everything here is organic, with speciality options like gluten-free, non-GMO, dairy-free, non-hydrogenated oils and chemical-free on offer too, all at pretty reasonable prices to boot! Have your goods delivered to your door or pick up your order from any of its shop locations.
The Store – A one-stop health store
Want healthy, eco-friendly foods delivered in recyclable packaging? The Store provides vitamins, superfoods, personal care items, organic groceries and sports supplements to suit every need. Discover immune system boosts, superfoods (including tasty snacks such as chocolate bars and protein bars) and even meal replacements at this one-stop health store.
More Health & Organic Items Grocery Stores
- Foodcraft – Free delivery is available for orders of $600 or above, otherwise, delivery fees vary depending on location. www.foodcraft.hk
- iHerb – Free delivery available for orders of $300 or more. www.hk.iherb.com
- iLiving – Free delivery available across Hong Kong for orders of $600 or more and under 10kg, otherwise there is a $60 delivery fee. shop.ilivinghk.com
- NutriAlley – Free delivery is available for orders of $600 or more, otherwise, there is a $45 delivery fee. www.nutrialley.com
- Slowood – Free delivery available to commercial and industrial addresses, SF service points, EF lockers and selected 7-Eleven or Circle K stores for orders of $500 or more. www.slowood.hk
- Spicebox Organics – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (including outlying islands) depending on spend (varies by location). www.spiceboxorganics.com
Online Grocery Stores – Plant-Based
Green Common – Plant-based retail chain
As Hong Kong’s only plant-based retail chain, Green Common is a haven for vegetarians and vegans. Stocking everything from fake eggs, Beyond Burger meat, oatly milk and (arguably) the best vegan cheese — it’s a Hong Kong favourite.
One Vegan Shop – Vegan goodies and healthy foods
One Vegan Shop does exactly what it says on the tin — this online grocery site is packed full of vegan goodies, including healthy foods, dairy-free desserts, supplements, beauty products, pet food and more. All non-food products here are certified cruelty-free.
Veg Hamper – Vegan and vegetarian meat substitutes
Toying with the idea of going vegan or vegetarian? Veg Hamper is an online store that specialises in vegan and vegetarian meat substitutes to help make your journey that bit easier. You’ll also find a range of plant-based dairy products, including vegan milk and cheese!
Online Grocery Stores – Supermarkets
If you’re just wanting something from your local supermarket but don’t have the time to cruise the aisles, here’s a list of supermarkets in Hong Kong that deliver:
- City’Super – Order $800 or above for free delivery or there’s a $100 charge. Various locations across Hong Kong, online.citysuper.com.hk
- GREAT Food Hall – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge. LG1, Two Pacific Place, Queensway, Hong Kong, 2918 9986, www.greatfoodhall.com
- Market Place by Jasons – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge. Various locations across Hong Kong, marketplacebyjasons.com
- ParknShop – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $50 charge. Various locations across Hong Kong, www.parknshop.com
Editor’s Note: “Top Online Grocery Stores & Supermarkets In Hong Kong” was most recently updated by Team Sassy in March 2023. With thanks to Melissa Fine and Fashila Kanakka for their contribution.
Our “Featured” sticker indicates a paid partnership.
Featured image courtesy of Maddi Bazzocco via Unsplash, image 1 courtesy of Farmer’s Market, image 2 courtesy of Gaelle Marcel via Unsplash, image 3 courtesy of Annie Spratt via Unsplash, image 4 courtesy of David Fedulov via Unsplash, image 5 courtesy of Brooke Lark via Unsplash, image 6 courtesy of Hearted.co via Unsplash.