Online grocery stores in Hong Kong save us so much hassle, from our go-to, ParkNShop and Wellcome to Pandamart and Jou Sun, we’re spoiled with delivery options!
In the midst of juggling work and chores at home, it can get hard sometimes to do a quick run to the supermarket or wet market. We love that these stores give us the option to have our goods delivered straight to our door (no hefty bags to carry!). Also, your local supermarket may not always have products that suit your dietary needs – be it vegan, kosher, halal or organic. These online grocery stores in Hong Kong make shopping hassle-free, convenient and offer a wider selection of produce.
Featured Grocery Stores
General & Household Items Grocery Stores
Fruit & Vegetables Grocery Stores
Meat & Seafood Grocery Stores
Health & Organic Grocery Stores
Plant-Based Grocery Stores
Online Grocery Stores – Featured
Perfect for those of us who are becoming a little more conscious about what we put into our body, trusted online butcher Farmer’s Market promises 100% traceable, sustainably-farmed, hormone and antibiotic-free meat and seafood. From 100% grass-fed Australian beef, to free-range Australian chicken and naturally-farmed Australian salmon, this pick has you covered for all your butcher needs. The best part? Produce here is restaurant-quality, and tastes amazing – no masterchef cooking skills are required here, simply let the ingredients speak for themselves for a meal to remember.
Use code SASSY22 to enjoy 20% off your next Farmer’s Market order. Discount can only be used once per customer, and is valid until Saturday, 1 July, 2023.
Online Grocery Stores – General & Household Items
Farm Fresh 330
From grocery staples to snacks and personal care products, this pick has it all (look out for the range of organic veggies which have been freshly picked from its own farm). What’s more, as a social enterprise run by New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, Farm Fresh aims to create opportunities for those recovering from mental illness, which means you’re shopping for multiple good causes at once!
Delivery is available via SF Express (minimum spend of $100 is required).
Farm Fresh 330, eshop330.hk
Read more: Where To Buy Cheese In Hong Kong
Ready to deliver in just 20 minutes, foodpanda mall is perfect for when you need your groceries ASAP. In addition to its own store pandamart, which stocks everything from food to house and kitchenware, personal care items and more, you can use the foodpanda mall section to order from a range of grocery stores, including M&S, PARKnSHOP and Yata.
Delivery costs vary (a minimum spend of $20 is required for pandamart, or $40 for foodpanda mall).
Your one-stop, personal online grocer with same-day delivery. We love that you can shop by aisle or store, with everything from organic, artisanal, local and brand name food items, personal care staples and household essentials on offer. Take your pick from organic premium or market fresh daily produce. There’s also a wide range of organic meats, as well as a “Hot Pot Shop” and a gluten-free aisle.
Free delivery is available on orders of $500 or more, with groceries arriving at your door in your chosen hourly window. Otherwise there is a $80 delivery fee (minimum spend of $100 is required). Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, between 1.30pm and 4pm.
Jou Sun, www.jousun.com
More General & Household Items Grocery Stores
- British Essentials – Free delivery available (for purchases over $290) across Hong Kong depending on spend (varies by location – head here for further details). Delivery days are from Monday to Sunday, between 9am and 6pm, britishessentials.com.hk
- Feather & Bone – Free same-day delivery (order before 2pm) is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands and other rural areas) for orders of $600 or more, otherwise there is a $150 delivery fee, featherandbone.com.hk
- Flair Food – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong for orders of $500 or more, www.flairfood.com
- Homegrown Foods – Free delivery is available on orders of $458 or more, otherwise there is a $100 delivery fee, www.homegrownfoods.com.hk
Online Grocery Stores – Fruit & Vegetables
Dragontail Farm Ltd.
Dragontail Farm dedicates itself to harvesting organic foods for locals, from locals. Located on Lantau Island, it sells in-season foods and hopes to expose more people to unique and little known veggies like angled loofahs, silk gourds, water spinach and more. There’s also a wide variety of herbs such as mint, oregano, parsley, basil, and rosemary depending on the season, as well as veggie staples like tomatoes, cabbage and the like.
Same-day delivery is available to anyone in the Mui Wo area between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Next-day delivery is available across Tung Chung, Discovery Bay, Tong Fuk and selected South Lantau villages. All deliveries have a $10 fee (minimum spend of $100 is required). Head here for further details.
Dragontail Farm, Luk Tei Tong, Mui Wo, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, www.leoying.wixsite.com
Looking to support local and eat organic? Eat FRESH has you covered. All of its produce is farmed in New Territories by organic farmers, and all of its products are HKORC-certified and undergo annual testing. Make sure to sign up to its Fruit & Veg Subscription Plan, which makes eating healthy easier than ever before.
Free delivery is available on orders of $345 or more, otherwise there is a $80 delivery fee. Delivery days are Tuesdays and Fridays for those on Hong Kong Island, and Wednesday for those in Kowloon and New Territories (excluding outlying islands).
It’s greens galore over at Grower Choices. This pick brings us leafy greens, root veg, fruits and more, direct from its own farm in New Zealand. Family-owned and operated, The Grower Choices picks, packs and delivers your order with care within just 48 hours.
Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong for orders of $400 or more, or $600 or above for selected outlying areas (head here for the full list). Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays.
South Stream Market
Covering Hong Kong’s grocery needs since 1992, you can trust South Stream Market to deliver on value, fresh produce and quality. Organic, chilled, dry-aged or grass-fed premium meats, seafood and fresh produce are all just a click away, along with gluten-free, halal and vegan options, international gourmet treats and more!
Free delivery is available on orders over $500, seven days a week. Convenience, check!
South Stream Market, www.southstreammarket.com
Online Grocery Stores – Meat & Seafood
Eat The Kiwi
Enjoy the best of New Zealand’s gourmet right here in Hong Kong thanks to award-winning online grocer Eat The Kiwi. Head here for everything from fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood (both fresh and frozen), to indulgences like cheese, yogurt, snacks, and even meal kits complete with detailed recipes! Passionate about sustainability: its seafood is sourced from sustainable-certified fisheries; all of its meat is steroid, hormone and antibiotic-free; plus, it’s all packaged in 99% biodegradable wrapping known as Wool Cool.
Free delivery is available across most parts of Hong Kong (excluding Ma Wan, certain areas of the Outlying Islands and certain areas of Sai Kung) for orders over $500. Head here for more info on the special delivery arrangement under COVID-19.
Jett Foods offers top-quality meat and seafood by importing its products from various parts of the world, all at highly competitive prices. Along with meat and seafood, you’ll also find superfoods, nuts and other snacks, veggies, wine and condiments at its online marketplace.
Free delivery is available across most parts of Hong Kong (excluding Ma Wan and some parts of Lantau Island, including Discovery Bay – head here for the full list) for orders over $700. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday. Order before 10am for same-day delivery at no additional cost.
Tenderloin Fine Food
Get your healthy proteins from Tenderloin Fine Food. Notable for its commitment to raising animals in humane conditions, it’s been servicing Hong Kong with grass-fed meats, organic poultry and sustainably-harvested produce since 1989. There is also a selection of plant-based substitutes available too for those looking to cut back on their meat intake.
Free delivery across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories for orders of $800 or more, or Discovery Bay for orders of $1,300 or above; otherwise, there is a $80 delivery fee (minimum order of two items required). Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, depending on location. (head here for full details).
More Meat & Seafood Items Grocery Stores
- 178 Degrees – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands) for orders over $800, otherwise there is a $150 delivery fee, www.178degrees.com
- Biltong Chief – Delivery is available across most parts of Hong Kong (head here for the full list) for a $60 flat rate delivery fee (no minimum spend is required), www.biltongchief.com
- The Fishwives – Delivery fees depend on location, hk.thefishwives.com
- Loi Chan Frozen Meat Co. – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (including Tung Chung, Discovery Bay and New Territories) depending on spend (varies by location), loichan.com
- My Meat Man – Free delivery across Hong Kong (excluding Sai King Country Park and South Lantau) for orders of $800 or more, otherwise there is a $100 or $200 delivery fee depending on location, www.mymeatman.com
- Pacific Rich – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding Lantau South and Ma Wan) on all orders, (minimum spend of $380 is required), www.pacificrichresources.com
- Seafood Society – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (excluding outlying islands) depending on spend (varies by location). Delivery days are from Monday to Friday, depending on location (head here for further details), seafoodsociety.hk
- Waves Pacific – Free delivery is available for orders over $1,000, otherwise there is a $200 delivery fee. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, www.wavespacific.com
Read More: Top Butcher Shops In Hong Kong
Online Grocery Stores – Health & Organic
Stock up on high-end health and beauty products from all over the world at BIOVEA. Grocery-wise, this pick sells vitamins and supplements targeted to your individual problems, including joint health and anti-ageing, alongside a selection of smoothie ingredients, snacks, herbal tea and coffees, spices and seasonings, and more. On top of that, keep yourself groomed with its wide range of beauty products and personal care, or shop for your pets too with its cat and dog-dedicated categories.
Free delivery available across Hong Kong for orders of $433 or more, otherwise there is a $43 delivery fee.
“It’s like going to the supermarket, but a much healthier one,” says Organic Plus. Everything here is organic, with speciality options like gluten-free, non-GMO, dairy-free, non-hydrogenated oils and chemical-free on offer too, all at pretty reasonable prices to boot!
Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong (head here for full location list) for orders of $500 or more, otherwise there is a $80 delivery fee. An additional fee of $25 will be charged for all chilled and frozen foods. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays. Alternatively, you can pick up your order from any of its shop locations.
Want healthy, eco-friendly foods delivered in recyclable packaging? The Store provides vitamins, superfoods, personal care items, organic groceries and sports supplements to suit every need. Discover immune system boosts, superfoods (including tasty snacks such as chocolate bars and protein bars) and even meal replacements at this one-stop health store.
Free delivery is available for orders of $450 or more. Order before 2pm for same-day delivery across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories.
More Health & Organic Items Grocery Stores
- Foodcraft – Free delivery is available for orders of $600 or above, otherwise delivery fees vary depending on location, www.foodcraft.hk
- iHerb – Free delivery available for orders of $310.44 or more, www.hk.iherb.com
- iLiving – Free delivery available across Hong Kong for orders of $600 or more and under 10kg, otherwise there is a $60 delivery fee, shop.ilivinghk.com
- NutriAlley – Free delivery is available for orders of $600 or more, otherwise there is a $45 delivery fee, www.nutrialley.com
- Slowood – Free delivery available to commercial and industrial addresses, SF service points, EF lockers and selected 7-Eleven or Circle K stores for orders of $500 or more, www.slowood.hk
- Spicebox Organics – Free delivery is available across Hong Kong (including outlying islands) depending on spend (varies by location), www.spiceboxorganics.com
Online Grocery Stores – Plant-Based
As Hong Kong’s only plant-based retail chain, Green Common is a haven for vegetarians and vegans. Stocking everything from fake eggs, Beyond Burger meat, oatly milk and (arguably) the best vegan cheese – it’s a Hong Kong favourite.
Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong (head here for full location list) for orders of $350 or more, otherwise there is a $55 delivery fee. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, between 10:30am and 6pm.
One Vegan Shop
One Vegan Shop does exactly what it says on the tin – this online grocery site is packed full of vegan goodies, including healthy foods, dairy-free desserts, supplements, beauty products, pet food and more. All non-food products here are certified cruelty-free.
Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong (head here for full location list) for orders of $300 or more, otherwise there is a $50 delivery fee. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays.
Read More: 7 Ways To Live A More Sustainable Lifestyle
Toying with the idea of going vegan or vegetarian? Veg Hamper is an online store that specialises in vegan and vegetarian “meat” substitutes to help make your journey that bit easier. You’ll also find a range of plant-based dairy products, including vegan milk and cheese!
Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong (head here for full location list) for orders of $800 or more, otherwise there is a $60 delivery fee. Delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays. Alternatively, you can pick up your order from its shop between 11am to 6pm from Monday to Friday or 11am to 1pm on Saturday.
Online Grocery Stores – Supermarkets
If you’re just wanting something from your local supermarket but don’t have the time to cruise the aisles, here’s a list of those in the city that deliver:
- City’Super – Order $800 or above for free delivery or there’s a $100 charge, various locations across Hong Kong, online.citysuper.com.hk
- GREAT Food Hall – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge, LG1, Two Pacific Place, Queensway, Hong Kong, 2918 9986, www.greatfoodhall.com
- Market Place by Jasons – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge, various locations across Hong Kong, marketplacebyjasons.com
- ParknShop – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $50 charge, various locations across Hong Kong, www.parknshop.com
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published by Melissa Fine on April, 2016 and was most recently updated in March, 2022 by Fashila Kanakka.
Our “Featured” sticker indicates a paid partnership.
Featured image courtesy of Maddi Bazzocco via Unsplash, image 1 courtesy of Farmer’s Market, image 2 courtesy of Gaelle Marcel via Unsplash, image 3 courtesy of Annie Spratt via Unsplash, image 4 courtesy of David Fedulov via Unsplash, image 5 courtesy of Brooke Lark via Unsplash, image 6 courtesy of Hearted.co via Unsplash.