Looking for the best steakhouse in Hong Kong? We’re rounding up our favourite (m)eateries in the city to help you find the top cuts.
Whatever the occasion, steak is always a good idea. Whether it’s for a fancy date night, a special occasion or just to treat yourself come the weekend, there’s nothing more indulgent than tucking into a good cut of perfectly cooked, juicy piece of meat. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of our favourite steakhouses in Hong Kong that will always have you covered. From T-bone and sirloin to rib-eye and filet mignon, bring on the steak…
Read More: Top Butcher Shops In Hong Kong
Feather & Bone – Butcher counter-to-table dining experience
Known for flying in premium cuts of meat (that are hormone-free and halal-friendly too!), beloved butcher, deli and restaurant Feather & Bone is the place to go when your carnivorous cravings kick in. The dine-in menu features mouth-watering dishes such as Steak Tartare and Dry-Aged Beef Burger, but for a real feast, opt for the “Signature Butcher’s Counter Experience” where you choose your meat from the counter as well as how you’d like it cooked, your sides and sauce. Prefer to dine at home? Feather & Bone’s online and physical stores have everything you need to pull together a wholesome home-cooked meal — plus first-time online shoppers can enjoy $100 off their first order!
La Vache! – Trimmed entrecôte steak with unlimited French fries
Priced at just $398 per person for a trimmed entrecote steak with special house sauce, green salad with walnuts and unlimited French fries, La Vache! has got to be one of the best value steak experiences in the city. Though it’s tempting to eat your fill of frites, be sure to save room for when the dessert trolley comes around.
Sassy Tip: For an especially good time book its Sunday Le Disco Brunch, which takes place on the first Sunday of every month, to enjoy your steak with a side of free-flow cocktails, wine and a house DJ.
Read More: The Best Brunch Deals In Hong Kong
HENRY – American-style grill and smokehouse
HENRY has made a name for itself as Rosewood’s must-try American grill and smokehouse. Equipped with live-fire ovens, charcoal grills and even its own signature butcher’s shop, it’s no surprise to learn that the meat-centric offerings are the order of the day. A highlight includes the 44 Farms Texas Whisky available in a Tenderloin, New York Strip or Ribeye cut. Alongside the meat, Henry offers a choice of six steak sauces, as well as a range of homemade ketchup and hot sauces.
Morton’s of Chicago – Classic American-style steakhouse
If you’re looking for a classic American-style steakhouse then head to Morton’s The Steakhouse. Set against the backdrop of stunning harbour views, tuck into fall-apart cuts of Filet Mignon, Porterhouse Steaks and the Signature Cut Prime New York Strip, alongside helpings of Parmesan & Truffle Fries, Grilled Jumbo Asparagus and more.
Beefbar – Michelin-starred contemporary steakhouse in Central
One-Michelin-starred Beefbar has got to be top of the list for true carnivores in the city. The contemporary steakhouse opened in Hong Kong in 2015 and serves up a range of premium meats, including the best beef sourced from the United States, Australia, Japan and Korea. Beefbar also features a marble Raw Bar serving made-to-order dishes, such as carpaccio, ceviche and tartare. The price point may be high, but it’s worth it for a truly memorable meal.
Porterhouse – An extensive selection of porterhouse cuts
Found in California Tower, this centrally located steakhouse offers up one of the most extensive selections of porterhouse cuts in the city along with a wide range of other meaty options. Pair yours with a side of Truffle Mash and Creamed Spinach and you’ll be set.
Buenos Aires Polo Club – Argentinian steakhouse serving steaks grilled in the ‘asado’ tradition
Nestled in the heart of LKF, head to BA Polo Club for an array of delicious Argentinian steaks and stick around for the fab cocktails and cool vibe. Along with choosing your own steak, you can even pick your weapon of choice here, as servers encourage you to choose your own knife before your meal begins.
Sassy Tip: The fine dining restaurant is transformed into a cool club once the lights dim on Thursday nights for Buenos Aires Rock Club.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Steakhouse chain from New Orleans
Ruth’s Chris is yet another great steakhouse. Remember to order sides if you want something with your big hunk of meat — the creamed spinach and french fries always go down a treat. There’s not much to talk about in terms of the classic dark wood décor and quiet atmosphere but meat lovers should definitely check this place out, as it’s really all about the steak.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Ground Level, Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong, 2522 9090,
La Moo Moo’s Steak And Fries – Modern twist on tradtional steak frites
Offering a unique modern twist on the traditional Steak Frites, this hidden gem steps up the game with flavours so good you’ll be licking the plate! Located in Wan Chai, La Moo Moo’s sources the very best premium ingredients; together with the fun, casual atmosphere, this pick has all the makings of a steak night to remember.
Read More: The Best French Restaurants In Hong Kong
Other Notable Steakhouses In Hong Kong
- The Chop House – The Chop House turns dining into an experience, with a loaded al fresco menu that uses only the freshest ingredients to prepare no-frills comfort food. wooloo-mooloo.com
- Wolfgang’s’ Steakhouse – Using only USDA prime beef which has been dry-aged on-site for an average of 28 days, Wolfgang’s provides a stellar dining experience in true New York style. www.wolfgangssteakhouse.hk
- Grand Hyatt Steakhouse – On the steak scene since 2011, Grand Hyatt Steakhouse features prime cuts of US, Canadian and Japanese beef, on top of a highly coveted oyster and seafood bar. www.hongkong.grand.hyattrestaurants.com
- Harbourside Grill – Perched above the harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui’s Ocean Terminal, Harbourside Grill is the place to go if you like your steak with a view. www.sandshospitality.com
- BRAZA Churrascaria – At this Brazilian-style steakhouse, diners can expect to enjoy a continuous hand-carved selection of different cuts of charcoal-grilled meat, chicken and seafood served straight to your table. www.facebook.com/BrazaChurrascariaHK
- Bistecca Italian Steak House – A rustic Italian steakhouse in Lan Kwai Fong specialising in sizzling steaks. www.facebook.com/BisteccaItalianHK
- Associazione Chianti – Come here for grass-fed, grain-finished USDA Super Prime cuts handpicked by its in-house butcher. www.associazionechianti.com
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Californian import known for its USDA-certified roasted prime ribs, hand-carved table side from its signature silver carts. www.lawrys.com.hk
This article contains editorial selections and paid partnerships.
Main image courtesy of La Vache! via Instagram, image 1 courtesy of Feather & Bone, image 2 courtesy of HENRY via Instagram, image 3 courtesy of Beefbar via Instagram, image 4 courtesy of Buenos Aires Polo Club via Instagram, image 5 courtesy of La Moo Moo’s Steak And Fries via Instagram.