The final month of the year is here and of course I couldn’t resist giving this month’s What Sassy Wants a festive theme! There are so many gorgeous gifts available in Hong Kong and I’ve decided to choose some of my favourites that I hope are sitting under my Christmas tree on 24 December…
1. The brilliant mother-daughter duo behind Louella Odie (the daughter being our former That Girl, Lauren Mead!) keep on creating gorgeous prints to fall in love with. We’re big fans of their Island Life range (how cute is this King Prawn pocket square!) and the Hong Kong skyline print is perfection. However, my latest bag-crush has got to be the Jungle Lily Bag, which will brighten up any outfit with the fresh blue and red colours and detailed floral design. The roomy interior has three internal pockets and the cross-body strap is detachable, making this bag practical too… as if I needed another excuse to buy it! If the bag is a bit out of your price-range, the same print is available for $800 on the Jungle Lily scarf – beautiful.
2. It’s always nice to receive a new bottle of perfume, and I’m hoping to try the brand new fragrance from Bottega Veneta. The Bottega Veneta Knot Perfume has notes of mandarin, neroli, lavender, peony and tonka beans, making it the perfect luxurious floral fragrance. The sleek gold bottle with the sophisticated ‘knot’ design at the top would look good on any dresser…
Available here for $1,200 (75ml), $990 (50ml), $680 (30ml).
3. G.O.D is a staple go-to Hong Kong gift store, but if you looking for some unique garms this holiday season then make sure to check out the DY 4 GOD collection from Douglas Young. As a co-founder of G.O.D, Douglas has managed to really incorporate the originality and Chinese-influence of the brand into the collection, and I love this awesome ‘Tee Jumper’. The loose fit is perfect for hiding a post-turkey dinner belly and the sleeve pocket (inspired by traditional dress) is so handy for storing for mobile or a cheeky lipstick…
Available at G.O.D stores for $680.
4. I’ma big fan of Fekkai, so I’m really hoping to bag a couple of their new hair products this Christmas. After our office Hollywood Hair makeovers, I’m looking for a product that will give my new shorter ‘do a super shiny look, so the Fekkai Brillant Glossing Cream would be perfect. It’s apparently a wonder product for when you’re having an emergency S.O.S hair moment – simply whack some on before an event for instant glam.
Available for $295, exclusively at all Joyce Beauty stores in Hong Kong.
5. Niin Jewellery is one of my favourite artisanal brands at the moment. I love the subtle elegance and versatility of the pieces and of course, the unique combination of natural materials. This sweet little Umbra Driftwood Moon Bracelet would be perfect as a Christmas gift for a colleague or friend, and I love the mother of pearl inlay. Pop by their recently opened store in Sheung Wan to check out the rest of their eco-friendly jewels!
Available for $250 here or at the newly opened store; 200 Hollywood Road, Shop E (entrance on Pound Lane), Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
6. I’ve recently been introduced to this brand via a guest at our recent Holiday Gourmet Evening, and I wasn’t disappointed when I clicked onto the website! The husband and wife team behind Civilian Goods have managed to create a functional, minimalist yet fashionable range of products. I really like their sleek use of different materials like cork, cloth and wax, and this festively red Cork Accessory Pouch would be ideal for keeping essentials in. I’d definitely use one of these as a passport holder when I fly back to the U.K for Christmas!
Available online here for $155.03 ($20 USD).
7. The temperature has seriously dropped since we hit December, and I’m struggling to find any coats or jackets (which have been shoved at the back of my wardrobe since April…).What I’d really like is a new leather jacket that will not only keep me warm but will also look stylish and blend easily from day to night. This Warehouse one is simple and un-fussy, and looks great with a plain t-shirt, jeans and black heels. How convenient that ASOS ships free to Hong Kong…
Available online here for $2,651.55.
8. Ok, I have to admit that I’ve got an obsession. And that obsession is with Stutterheim raincoats! You might have seen Sabrina rocking them here, and I have to admit that number one on my Christmas list is one of these gorgeous coats. I’m a fan of the alternating black and white one, the burgundy one or the purple one… in fact, I’d be happy with any!
Available for $2,800 online here or at the pop-up store at PMQ, Shop 207.
Apart from all these lovely gifts, I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas ahead with family and friends!
Hi, I’m Lauren and I was born and raised right here in Hong Kong. That being said, with a blonde-haired, blue-eyed mum from England and a Chinese-Australian father, I would definitely say that I grew up as a third culture kid! I love every part of this city and all its many contrasts; from the green of the country parks (and the scary monkeys…) to the shimmery lights of the skyline – it never gets old. I’ve always loved to travel and living here is such a privilege as we’re so close to so many incredible countries and different cultures. I’ve always got a bad case of wanderlust and I’m constantly on the look out for an adventure… here’s to my new adventure at Sassy!