Want to live a little greener? Tune in this week to find out all the tips and tricks you need to lead a more sustainable life!
We’ve been your guide for all things Hong Kong for the last ten years, and to celebrate, we’ve decided to take the leap into the brave new world of podcasting! Each week we’ll sit down with two amazing guests to have candid conversations on a whole host of topics that you’ve told us you want to hear more about. There’ll be a new episode every Thursday for the next five weeks, so be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform so you don’t miss a thing.
You guys, we need to band together to save the planet from a plastic filled doom. This is not news, we see calls to arms for this topic all the time. But where do you even start? Today, we’ve brought in Sonalie and Tamsin, two powerhouses in the eco and sustainability scene in Hong Kong to talk about small things you can do today to lessen your contribution to climate change – all it takes is one step, and we’ve got a whole host of little green steps that can get you started.
You can listen to the episode in the player above, or you can find us on iTunes, Spotify, acast or your favourite podcasting platform – just search “Sassy Speaks” and we’ll be there. Remember to hit subscribe to make sure that you don’t miss an episode!
Like what you hear? Leave us a review on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform.
About Our Guests:
Sonalie Figueiras is the founder, publisher and editor in chief of Green Queen, the health and wellness resource for Hong Kong. You can follower her on Instagram @greenqueenhk. You can also sign up to the Green Queen newsletter to get all the updates on the sustainability scene in Hong Kong!
Tamsin Thornburrow is the founder and owner of Hong Kong’s first zero waste grocery store, Live Zero. You can follow her on Instagram @livezero.hk, or find Live Zero on Facebook. We love the Instagram in particular, as it’s full of fun recycling and zero waste tips, tricks and hacks.
Useful Links and Some Extra Reading:
- Want a deeper look at Hong Kong’s plastic problem? Watch EcoDrive Hong Kong’s documentary “Start Small, Start Now” as soon as you can!
- There are a multitude of local brands who are leading the charge on sustainable beauty and skin care products, and we very much recommend both Coconut Matter and ZeroYet100. We’re also loving Lush’s focus on cutting down and recycling its packaging.
- Need to hit your February reading goals? Pick up a copy of Turning the Tide on Plastic, environmental journalist Lucy Siegle’s insightful (and frankly terrifying) examination of how we’ve ended up in our current plastic crisis, and realistic steps we can all take to improve the situation.
- We’re also really supportive of the work Hong Kong Community Composting and V Cycle are doing in this space – definitely take a look.
- And we’ve got a whole bunch of content for you to check out too!
- These coffee shops are offering discounts for customers who bring their own cups for all you Keep Cup fanatics.
- If you’re thinking about culling all the plastic in your life, read Team Sassy’s first hand account of just how hard is it to go plastic-free in hong kong.
- You can put your money where your mouth is by supporting these restaurants that are saying no to single-use plastic.
- We’ve narrowed down some easy product swaps you can do today to live a bit more sustainably, so it’s easy for you to ditch the plastic.
- And if you’re not sure where to start when it comes to living plastic and waste free, here’s where to buy all of your essentials in Hong Kong.
- If you want to take your contribution offline, there are plenty of ways to get involved within the community, with groups like Plastic Free Seas and HK Ploggers running regular beach cleanups.
Got some feedback or questions for us? Email the Sassy Speaks team directly at email@example.com!
All images property of Sassy Media Group.