We chat to the owners of some of our favourite F&B spots in the city for tips on how to entertain at home like a pro.
We’ve been your guide for all things Hong Kong for the last ten years, and to celebrate, we’ve decided to take the leap into the brave new world of podcasting! Each week we’ll sit down with two amazing guests to have candid conversations on a whole host of topics that you’ve told us you want to hear more about. Be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform so you don’t miss a thing.
Do you have a go-to meal for when you have friends over? Have you graduated beyond mixing vodka and coke together and trying to pass it off as a cocktail? Is your spice cupboard well stocked? If your answer is yes, it’s a true sign of adulting. Hosting in your home, especially when flat sizes are…on the smaller side (to say the least), can be incredibly nerve-racking. But let’s face it, it’s not healthy for your wallet or body to be eating out everyday, even though we have lots of incredible options at our disposal. This week, we sit down with Matt and Victoria, owners of some of our favourite F&B spots in HK, to talk about how you can bring little touches into your own home, and finally become the adult you were always meant to be. Warning, this episode may leave you with a bit of an appetite…
You can listen to the episode in the player above, or you can find us on iTunes, Spotify, acast or your favourite podcasting platform – just search “Sassy Speaks” and we’ll be there. Remember to hit subscribe to make sure that you don’t miss an episode!
Like what you hear? Leave us a review on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform.
About Our Guests:
Matt Abergel is the head chef of Yardbird and Ronin, and author of cookbook Chicken and Charcoal. You can follow him on Instagram @yardbirdyakitori, @ronin_hk, @sundaysgrocery and @chickenandcharcoal.
Useful Links and Some Extra Reading:
- If you love food and beverage as much as we do, we’ve got the perfect shows for you to binge. Each episode of Chef’s Table, a Netflix original documentary series, profiles a world renowned chef to gain insights into their motivations and restaurant concepts. We also love The Final Table, and not just because Arcane’s Shane Osborn represented Hong Kong on it!
- Cooking in your Hong Kong home can be restricting at the best of times, so we recommend these cookbooks (aside from Chicken and Charcoal, of course!) that are packed with recipes perfect for our space efficient kitchens:
- We know it’s barely spring, but we’re already gearing up for the summer with this list of easy to make cocktails, courtesy of Buzzfeed. Nothing will impress your friends more than a perfectly executed mojito or margarita to beat the humidity!
- Entertaining at home is about more than just the food and drink you’re putting on the table. Lucky for you, we’ve got some handy home decor ideas, like How To Stock And Style Your At Home Bar Cart, throughout the site.
- Meal prep destroying your soul? Don’t stress, we’ve got some Easy Weeknight Dinners For Under $100 to inspire you. If you’re intimidated by your local wet market, we also have a guide to ensure you’re shopping for the freshest local ingredients efficiently.
Got some feedback or questions for us? Email the Sassy Speaks team directly at email@example.com!
All images property of Sassy Media Group.