It’s raining, it’s pouring… stick it to the weather with this handy list of things to do.
This rainy, dreary weather sucks [insert expletive here]. We’re so over it being muggy, humid and wet. If it’s put a halt to any social plans, don’t worry, check out our list of five things to do on a rainy day.
1. Clear out your closet. No, seriously, that prom dress from 1999 has simply got to go. You’ll probably never fit into it and seriously it’s out-dated. There are loads of fancy dress shops – nay, Pottinger Street – if you’re ever in need of something weird and wacky for a theme party. Or you could re-purpose an old work dress perhaps with a spot of DIY. I digress. Point is, be ruthless and clear it out.
2. Get a mani/pedi. You’ve been hiding your digits in ballerina flats for weeks because you’re just too damn lazy to book an appointment and go get it done. The shame is real. The best part is, you can wear ugly but practical jelly shoes on your way there (it is raining, after all), and flip-flops on your way back, also practical.
3. Embrace it and go for a drink. Have your own Hugh Grant/Andie MacDowell moment a la Four Weddings and a Funeral. A hole in the wall bar on Wyndham Street never felt cosier sipping on a glass of pinot, and some bars around town even offer rainy day deals…
4. Treat your housemates and colleagues to nothing but the best from your oven (if you have one that is…). Cookies, cakes, muffins – bake away! Fridge cake counts, too.
5. Movie marathon at home. Get the slanket out, make a pot of tea and just suck it up. These conditions also work just as well if you’d rather get lost in a book. There’s nothing else you can do except succumb to the weather and hope tomorrow is a brighter, less humid, day.