Treat-yourself-day is everyday…
1. Let’s face it; this weather is not doing our hair any favours. Anything that will help control our wild manes in this heat and humidity is on our list this month, which is why we’re seriously coveting these ghdeclipse stylers®! As we all know, this amazing styler can curl, wave or straighten hair, and using the latest technology they’re able to style faster and with less heat for shinier and stronger hair. The precise thermal control means that at least you can control the heat on your hair (since we can’t control the HK weather!) and the advanced insulation keeps the styler cool to touch even after 45 minutes of use – phew! No wonder we hear top celeb stylists (including Gwenyth Paltrow’s), swear by it!
Don’t let this summer heat stop you from having a good hair day… and if you’re in desperate of a hair re-vamp, why not hit up their Lane Crawford counters for a free hair makeover? Perfect! When you’re done, simply upload a selfie on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #catwalkmeghd and you might even end up winning a $30,000 ghd professional photo shoot too… work that camera (see more details here)!
2. Thinking about sprucing up your home for summer? Or maybe you’ve just read our Summer Must Haves article and you’re feeling a bit inspired… well, we’ve found just the thing to bring a bit of brightness to your interior. We already love Lala Curio for their unique and playful selection of curiosities, and these cute Birds of Paradise pillows are ideal for adding a splash of colour to your living space. The hand-embroidered pillows are not only so much fun, but they’re also made from Italian cotton so you know you’re getting the best quality.
Available for $850, at their Wan Chai store; Lala Curio, 32-33 Sau Wa Fong, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, 2528 5007, www.lalacurio.com/home
3. We can’t get over how cute the ‘Hong Kong Landmarks’ designer macaron gift box from the wonderful Pierre Herme is. How adorable are the little illustrations of the Peak Tram, Bank of China, Big Buddha and Ocean Park?! French artist Soledad really makes this box a collectible with these sweet drawings. Not to mention the utterly scrumptious macrons inside! This is the perfect gift to take back to friends and family in other countries as it’s only available in Hong Kong, or you might even want to just keep one for yourself (wink, wink!).
Available for $220 for a 7 piece box or $350 for a 12 piece box at all Pierre Herme stores (see here for all Hong Kong store locations); ifc mall,Central, Shop 1019C, Podium Level One, 2833 5700, open daily from 10am-9pm; Harbour City, Kowloon, Shop 2410, Level 2, Gateway Arcade, 2155 3866, open daily from 10am-10pm, www.pierreherme.com
4. Keep it simple and sophisticated this summer with Bourjois’s latest nail polish collection. Their ‘Collection Nude’ includes five subtle colours that will beautifully blend with any outfit and keep your nails looking fresh and light. If you want to spice things up a bit, why not try out their cute Calligraphic nail tattoos on top? This nail art is easy to apply and will look elegant… we love the little details, especially the leaf inspired design.
The Collection Nude & Tattoos are available for $78 (So Glossy nail gel) and $72 (nail tattoos) at all Sasa’s, Watson’s and at Langham Place (Beauty Avenue), www.bourjois.com.hk
Keep it quirky with these unique finds…
5. Ok, so by now you might have noticed that here at Sassy we’re kind of obsessed with Kate Spade. Yep, we just can’t get enough of this super cute, New York brand, which we have to say is very Sassy! We caught a sneak peek of their new Fall/Winter 2014 collection, and let’s just say we were all swooning. Kate Spade is known for having a playful take on accessories, and that’s why we couldn’t resist this adorable Hello Tokyo Lucky Cat handbag! The clutch has a hidden snake chain you can use as a shoulder strap, and you know you’ll definitely be the centre of attention with this cutie by your side… plus it’s the perfect size for stashing the cash and your phone! No one can resist a novel clutch…
6. Hong Kong lifestyle is always about being on the go, and sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge to stay organised between working and socialising. One thing we certainly can’t do without is our phone, which is why many of us are constantly hauling around our chargers or desperately asking various restaurants and bars for a bit of power! Well, we’ve stumbled upon an accessory that’s sure to make any Sassy girl’s life a bit easier. The leather Jadeco Gillån Battery Pouch is ideal for fitting into your handbag, and will make carrying a charger look a lot more chic. We love this hot pink one, which is perfect for stashing some essentials in, too… what, sometimes you need the option of five different lipsticks!
7. When the sun is shining and the skies are blue, there’s nothing like sitting outside on the balcony and having a couple of friends round for a glass of wine… and fabulous conversation of course! Why not impress your guests by presenting them with some delicious nibbles to accompany their vino? They’ll look even more tempting if you serve them up on these gorgeous, handcrafted serving boards! Each serving board is unique, hand-painted by Millie Fairhall with funky designs that will inject a bit of fun into your dining experience. Each board is made using reclaimed wood, so you know that you’re not wasting precious wood by using this durable material. Cured with organic tun nut oil that’s food safe, this is perfect for presenting antipasti or cheese. Yum! Check them out along with other unique home decor items at new store Pyaar in Causeway Bay.
8. How completely stunning is this Aurora Gold Oval Stack Ring from niin jewellery? Not only is it beautiful in its simplicity, but it’s also eco-friendly, as all niin jewellery is. Using natural elements such as ablone shell, this environmentally friendly ring will add a slight sparkle that is perfect for accessorising any outfit with. Perfect for ring stacking too (check our guides here and here to perfecting this trend)… we might just have to buy a couple of them!