If you’re not familiar with the concept of ‘Black Friday’ (which, to be honest, I wasn’t until a about a year ago!) then let me fill you in. ‘Black Friday’ is the day that follows Thanksgiving in the States, and it’s a day of massive sales and seasonal promotions to kick off the holiday shopping. Discounts? Sales? Bargains? Sign me up!
And just because we’re in Hong Kong doesn’t mean we have to miss out on the Black Friday action. Tons of online shopping sites are getting involved, slashing their prices and offering amazing steals and deals. One site that we can’t get enough of here at Sassy is Shopbop, which is full of all our favourite brands. I had a little browse (which may have turned into a little… or not so little, shopping spree) and put together some of my top picks from their ‘GoBig14’ Black Friday sale:
- Ok, yes. I’m a bit obsessed with Kate Spade. But with their cute, colourful handbags, whimsical designs and classic cuts who wouldn’t be? When I spied this sweet little ring on Shopbop, I knew I had to snap it up. The ‘Things We Love Infinity Ring’ is simple, but could be something you’ll always wear. For only $193.17, I think this is a steal… especially as you can take 25% off your whole order anyway!
- Jeffery Campbell is known for his super cool shoe designs, and when I came across these Hanger Raw Leather Booties for $1,328.07, I knew they’d become a staple shoe for the season. The smooth leather is comfortable and durable, and the hidden platform gives shorties (like myself) a bit of extra height. They may not be the most exciting shoes, but you know that you can slip these bad boys on everyday with any outfit. Pound HK’s pavements in style!
- This fun, Tropical Gangster clutch from Samudra for $523.18 would make a cool gift for a girlfriend this Christmas, with its bold print and roomy interior. It may be winter, but we still get to enjoy a tropical climate most of the time! I like how the exterior uses basic black and white, but the interior reveals a deep purple lining and the bright orange zip is a cute addition. I’m always drawn to anything with lettering or quotes, and this one is just really cool and fun!
- One thing I do love about the Fall/Winter season is that you can wear black pretty much all the time. Yep, it’s back to black for me with this is handy Helmut Lang V Neck Twist Dress for $2,213.44. It might be a bit pricey, but with up to 25% off on orders this is the time to splash out! Plus, this is the kind of quality dress that you’ll get tons of wear out. The flattering cut is perfect for showing off curves, and you can easily dress it up with sparkly accessories for any Christmas parties. That being said, you can even dress this down with a denim jacket and pumps or sneakers in the day… who doesn’t love a good, versatile LBD?
- For my birthday in March, my Mum treated me to a chic, plain black watch from Marc by Marc Jacobs, which I absolutely love. It’s really similar to this Leather Baker watch for $1,408.56, with the gold and black and the thin leather strap. I literally wear it everyday, and it goes with every outfit! Definitely recommended, especially if you’re looking for a discreet, sophisticated watch that won’t cost a bomb. My strap is getting a bit worn… so I may just have to buy this one as a replacement!
- I couldn’t resist this awesome Ascending Crystal Left Ear Crawler for $313.91, which would look amazing with the Helmut Lang dress above. This gold-plated Jules Smith ear cuff is perfect for adding a bit of sparkle to your holiday look… after all, this is the time of year when you can get away with all things sparkly and festive!
- Snuggle up on the sofa with a mince pie and gingerbread latte… in your gingerbread pyjamas! How cute are these PJ Salvage Gingerbread Man PJs?! Comfortable, colourful and of course, casual, a good pair of warm pjs are always worth it! For $515.13, these 100% cotton PJ Luxe beauties are a welcome addition to my rather sad looking pyjama selection (a lot of oversized t-shirts and leggings…). I would love to wear these all the time, but I’m not sure that would go down well at Sassy HQ!
- If you couldn’t already tell, I’m really into comfort when it comes to clothes. That’s why this SUNDRY Moi Et Toi Cropped Pullover appeals – it just looks so comfortable and easy to wear with the lightweight French terry fabric. Wear it with jeans, a black high-waisted jersey skirt and pop on a splash of festively red lippy for instant casual cool (check out our top red lipsticks here). For $829.04 you might as well throw it into the sale pile to get even more of a discount – ooh la la!
I hope you’ve found some Black Friday inspiration if you’re in the mood for some serious retail therapy! Snap up some Christmas pressies or just treat yourself… Christmas shopping has officially begun. Don’t forget to check out the amazing Shopbop sale for 15% off orders of $250+, 20% off orders of $500+ and 25% off orders of $1000+, which includes all full-price & SALE items. Simply use the code GOBIG14 at check out… oh, and did I mention that shipping is free to Hong Kong? See our post on fashion sites with free delivery to Hong Kong for more options. Happy shopping!