Rain or shine, Grana help you transition from summer to winter in style!
We know Hong Kong’s seasons are subdued, but the slight temperature shift is just enough to require a wardrobe change. Two of our Sassy Girls, Tania Shroff and Megan Widmer, were lucky enough to get a personalised styling session for the transitional weather with one of our favourite Hong Kong brands, Grana. They headed over to The Fitting Room to check out all the gorgeous gear – and it’s safe to say that everyone at Sassy HQ is now obsessed with these easy-to-wear, modern classics!
Read more: How to Rock Transitional Fashion
Tania: I had been eyeing both Grana Denim dresses from the get-go. The pieces are proudly labelled as lightweight, and I can completely vouch for the super soft, breathable fabrics. I was sold as soon as I slipped into the playful Denim Tee Dress. The experts at Grana call it the one-two look. One: you pop it on. Two: You’re done. It’s an art form we’re fully supporting! On hotter days, you can pair it with strappy sandals or trainers, and in the cooler months it would go perfectly with little ankle boots and a boyfriend cardigan. After all, autumn is the ideal time to layer your way through combinations of comfy dresses and knitwear!
Megan: I wore uniforms all the way through school, which meant I never had to think about putting an outfit together in the morning. Now, while I obviously enjoy being able to express myself through my own style, there are those mornings that I just don’t have it in me to make that kind of decision before my third cup of coffee. That’s why I love it when I find a piece that is classic and chic, like this Denim Boyfriend Shirt Dress, which is a great staple to have in your closet. Pair that with Grana’s lightweight denim fabric (key for the unpredictable HK weather!) and I officially have a piece that I wish I could wear every day. This effortlessly stylish look has certainly become a go-to option for me.
Tania: Fabric really is what keeps you cool through the summer and cosy through winter. I swear by natural fibres (cotton, linen and denim are fool-proof), and was keen to try on something from Grana’s elegant silk dress line. The lovely in-house Stylist, Labrini, suggested the Silk V-neck Slip Dress in the deep Mulberry shade – and I didn’t need a second of convincing. Effortless and comfortable, this dress is now the latest addition to my wardrobe! With the Navy Linen Boyfriend Shirt thrown over and tied round the waist, the evening dress can easily be toned down for a relaxed day look. The best bit? All you need to do is pop on heels to transform it into a sheer, polished, evening ensemble. Ideal for an after-work cocktail event or a Friday date night.
Megan: I’ll admit it. I had yet to venture into the high-waisted shorts category. Being 5’9″ and having legs like a grasshopper, I felt like wearing my shorts above my hips would just further accentuate my lankiness. Thank you Grana team for proving me wrong! Labrini paired the Denim Loose Shorts with a Silk V-Neck Camisole, and the thick banded waist and length of the shorts really made for a flattering silhouette that I wasn’t at all expecting. We then switched out the Silk V-Neck Camisole for a Linen Boyfriend Shirt for a more dressed-down weekend look. I LOVED this top for the simple fact that it was loose and airy as the style should be, but the sleeves weren’t overly baggy like most boyfriend shirts. Oversized boyfriend shirts can sometimes dance the line of looking a tad sloppy to me, but because the Grana shirt sleeves are just so slightly tailored to take out that extra slouch, it provided a much more polished, relaxed look which I truly appreciated.
Tania: You can’t really go wrong with jeans and a crisp blouse! In case you hadn’t already guessed, the Sassy Girls are loving the Silk V neck Camisole (in every colour available!). The staple black cami, paired with jeans and trainers offered an easy, classic look that’s versatile enough to get you through even the most indecisive weather. When the colder months finally arrive, you’ll be sure to see me happily pairing these blouses with my leather jacket, a super soft scarf, and signature pearl earrings. Generally, classic looks tick all the boxes for me, and simplicity is just one of the reasons why Grana is a one-stop shop for wardrobe staples.
Megan: While I typically go for a more slim, tailored style, I couldn’t help but notice the comfort factor of this last look! This final outfit paired the loose-fitting Denim Ankle Pants with the Silk Cap Sleeve Top, and while I could have worn this outfit right to the office (plus a few accessories), I also could have taken a nap in it! Yes, it was that comfortable. Say hello to my new, on-the-go travel outfit! I’m a fan of wearing athleisure anytime I travel (in order maximise comfort!) but let’s face it, I’m never going to get that “random” upgrade wearing yoga pants and a zip-up on the plane. So, I’ll keep you posted on how this outfit works…
Top 5 Styling Tips for Transitional Weather by Labrini Kianidis
If you’re looking for Autumn styling tips in time for the cooler climate, these 5 Transitional Tips from Labrini Kianidis, Grana’s in-house Stylist and Creative Producer are sure to help. She gives us the full low-down on what’s hot (and what’s cool…) this season.
- Transeasonal dressing is all about layering up. Keep it loose and airy, think about lighter fabrics like cotton, linen, silk and lightweight knits. Looser silhouettes will work best such as a boyfriend cardigan over a basic tank or silk bomber paired with a classic t-shirt. Remember to pay attention to your proportions here, if you’re going loose and oversized on top, pair it with skinny jeans or cropped trousers for balance.
- Classics over trends. As the seasons change so do the trends, so utilising classic pieces and colours will bridge the gap between seasons. Focus on your essentials in basic colours accented with subtle hue’s for a pop of colour.
- Play with accessories. A lightweight scarf will really add a bit of interest to your transeasonal look and keep you warm on the cooler days. Neutral and subtle colours work best to pair with your trend colours. You can invest a little in a neutral piece, look for lightweight versions of winter fabrics like cashmere or a classic silk. Pair this with some on trend leather wear and sunglasses. It’ll really elevate your look.
- Rolling and cuffing your trousers and sleeves. This is an easy way to change the silhouette and let you breathe a little in changeable weather. Opt for more relaxed fits like boyfriend shirts and jeans for a casual laid back style.
- Mix your pieces. Take advantage of the mild weather and mix your seasonal pieces. You can really play with shorts and skirts with sweaters and outerwear to create a real transeasonal feel. Pair with boots and sneakers and use your accessories and layering to finish the look!