Ever wondered just what having a personal brand means? We’ve got all the answers for you in this week’s episode.
We’ve been your guide for all things Hong Kong for the last ten years, and to celebrate, we’ve decided to take the leap into the brave new world of podcasting! Each week we’ll sit down with two amazing guests to have candid conversations on a whole host of topics that you’ve told us you want to hear more about. There’ll be a new episode every Thursday for the next four weeks, so be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform so you don’t miss a thing.
Having a personal brand is becoming more and more important these days. Gone are the days where you can tweet without consequence, so it’s even more valuable to have control over your personal brand. But where do you even begin? And with the line blurring between what is firmly professional and what is firmly personal when it comes to your online presence, how do you avoid the pitfalls when curating your brand? This week, we sit down with Jocelyn and Geneva, two branding powerhouses, to talk all things personal branding and just what you need to do to own your space on the internet.
You can listen to the episode in the player above, or you can find us on iTunes, Spotify, acast or your favourite podcasting platform – just search “Sassy Speaks” and we’ll be there. Remember to hit subscribe to make sure that you don’t miss an episode!
Like what you hear? Leave us a review on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform.
About Our Guests:
Geneva Vanderzeil is a content creator, social media influencer and the creative mind behind A Pair & A Spare. You can follow her on Instagram @apairandaspare, and subscribe to her on Youtube for some fun videos!
Useful Links and Some Extra Reading:
- If you’ve no idea where to start when it comes to building your own website, we recommend checking out Squarespace as a starting point. It has a user friendly interface and beautiful design options.
- For some light and useful reading, be sure to pick up Love Style Life by Garance Doré. We love the insights and advice she gives about everything, from style to career to fashion. We also recommend The Multi-Hyphen Method by Emma Gannon, all about how to do business in this new digital era. Also don’t forget to keep an eye out for Geneva’s new book!
- We are big fans of @bossbabe.inc on Instagram, who always light up our feeds with witty quotes, useful tips and a few well chosen memes.
- We love Gary Vaynerchuk’s online presence (and for good reason!) and his 5 Strategies for Personal Branding Online is a must read for everyone!
- Want some branding inspo? We’ve profiled some amazing local talent in our Influencers section, who all have their own unique personal brands and plenty of tips and tricks to read through.
Got some feedback or questions for us? Email the Sassy Speaks team directly at email@example.com!