Ever found it hard to form genuine connections and keep healthy friendships in Hong Kong? You’re not the only one!
We’ve been your guide for all things Hong Kong for the last ten years, and to celebrate, we’ve decided to take the leap into the brave new world of podcasting! Each week we’ll sit down with two amazing guests to have candid conversations on a whole host of topics that you’ve told us you want to hear more about. There’ll be a new episode every Thursday for the next seven weeks, so be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform so you don’t miss a thing.
Hands up if you had a hard time making friends when you first came to Hong Kong? Or have you lived here your whole life but still feel like you’re in search of a solid crew? It can be difficult getting to know people beyond the basic “so what brought you to Hong Kong?”. We’ve all been there. So, to make our lives a little easier, we brought in two of the most social people we know, Genna and Sarah from Highlight Asia and Girls of LKF, to give us their life hacks on just how you can go about making friends in our city. These girls are pros, people, so listen up!
“You have to make a bit of effort. You can’t expect people to just be your friend.” – Sarah Vee.
You can listen to the episode in the player above, or you can find us on iTunes, Spotify, acast or your favourite podcasting platform – just search “Sassy Speaks” and we’ll be there. Remember to hit subscribe to make sure that you don’t miss an episode!
Like what you hear? Leave us a review on iTunes or your favourite podcasting platform.
About Our Guests:
Sarah Vee and Genna Bennett Soh are the girl bosses behind boutique PR, Digital Marketing and Events agency Highlight Asia, and the founders of Girls of LKF, the social group to connect likeminded women in Hong Kong. You can find them on Instagram @gennita and @sarahmamavee.
Useful Links and Some Extra Reading:
- Want to dive deeper into heartwarming stories and anecdotes about friendship? We recommend checking out:
- Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman, the dynamic duo behind podcast Call Your Girlfriend, are Team Sassy faves. We can’t recommend their pod enough for when you need intellectually stimulating banter that is still light hearted enough to enjoy on your commute to work.
- Have you tried Bumble BFF in Hong Kong yet? We’re all for using the apps to find more than just a hook up, so let us know about your experiences if it’s worked for you.
- There are so many Meetup groups in Hong Kong just waiting for you to join.
- If you want to be like Genna and head off on some classic hikes in Hong Kong, we’ve got just the post for you.
- And if you’re tired of hitting the same spots every week with friends, why not take some inspo from our Ultimate Hong Kong Bucket List? Your friends will thank you for it.
Got some feedback or questions for us? Email the Sassy Speaks team directly at [email protected].
All images property of Sassy Media Group.