Hong Kong never falls short of cake shops. Whether you’re after customised birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies or something different, we’ve rounded up the best cake shops in Hong Kong.
Calling all sweet tooths, ourselves included! No celebration or special occasion is complete without cake and Hong Kong boasts a handful of cake shops that dish out everything from customised cakes (perfect for birthdays and weddings) to delicate tarts and cupcakes. A number of these cake shops also offer cake delivery so you celebrate hassle-free. Ahead, we’re spotlighting some of the top cake shops in Hong Kong that you’ll definitely want a piece of.
Featured Cake Shops
Have a range of freshly-made French desserts and pastries delivered straight to your door (with same-day delivery available) for a celebration, whether it’s a birthday, a farewell or to satisfy your cravings! Le Dessert is a premium shop with pop-ups in prestigious malls and collaborations with luxury brands such as Burberry or Louis Vuitton. Naturally, you’ll be spoilt for choice and want to add everything to cart (with our sweet tooth, we can relate!) but if you’re looking for recommendations, best sellers include its Pavlovas, Charlotte Layer Cakes and the cute Jar Desserts.
Use code SASSY30 to get $30 off your first order. Valid until Thursday, 30 November, 2023.
With a 100-year-old history, Giovanni Pina brings one of the best Italian master bakers to Hong Kong. Whether you’re on the lookout for affordable whole cakes (ranging from Tiramisu to Mascarpone and more), individually cut pieces to mix and match or assorted mini tarts perfect for sharing, Giovanni Pina’s creations are perfect for memorable moments, festive celebrations or daily delights (you know, when the cravings hit!).
Sassy Tip: We highly recommend ordering its Traditional Panettone, freshly made in Hong Kong with an exclusive recipe from master chef and imported ingredients from Italy. You can opt for a 500g Panettone or go all out with the family-style 1kg Panettone! Place orders now to enjoy an early-bird discount until Thursday, 15 December.
Use code SASSYHK to enjoy 10% off on orders. Valid until Thursday, 30 November, 2023.
Where To Get Customised Cakes In Hong Kong
The Good Cake – Customisable cakes, cupcakes and desserts with various toppers, cake delivery available
A homegrown cake shop that also does good to the community, specifically the vulnerable elderly in Hong Kong? The Good Cake supports those neglected and living in the poverty line and you can get involved by purchasing its gorgeous and wholesome cakes, we highly recommend its assorted cupcakes which can be entirely customised. Don’t forget to add fun toppers of your choice!
All orders have to be placed three days in advance and cake delivery is available across Hong Kong with an additional cost.
The Good Cake, www.thegoodcake.org
illibakes – Alcohol-infused cakes and cupcakes
Boutique bakery illibakes creates alcohol-infused custom cakes and mini cupcakes that are every bit as impressive to look at as they taste! Some of the most popular flavours include Macallan 12 & Chocolate, Tanqueray Gin & Tonic, Amaretto Red Velvet, Minty Mojito (with Mount Gay Rum) and Baileys Chocolate.
Gluten-free options are available.
I Love Babycakes – Cupcakes, themed cakes and more
Specialising in cupcakes, themed cakes, cheesecakes, cookies and more, I Love Babycakes promises no fuss and no-frills, just great quality bakes. For those interested in getting their hands dirty, Babycakes also offers DIY baking kits, along with baking classes in its Wan Chai cooking studio. Ready, set, bake!
Ms B’s Cakery – Luxury bespoke cakes in Hong Kong
From handcrafted sugar decorations to premium European chocolate, Ms B’s Cakery takes you straight to pastry heaven. These desserts aren’t for your average party; prepare to be dazzled by the elite level of these beauties. Proving they’re not just style over substance, the cakes come in a range of gourmet flavours like pistachio, chocolate chiffon and apricot compote.
Gluten-free options are available.
Phoenix Sweets – Artisanal cakes for every celebration
This Tai Kwun-based bakery is passionate about creating unique cakes made with love, finesse and the finest ingredients available. With options ranging from traditional buttercream cakes to more unusual, artisanal creations (the Amethyst Cake is particularly stunning), it’s hard to go wrong with this pick!
Read More: Your Guide To Local Hong Kong Dessert Shops
Sugar Bar – Bespoke cakes and cupcakes, with alcohol-infused options
Have a cake design saved on Pinterest? Sugar Bar will help you bring your sweet dreams to life! Not afraid to play around with flavours, textures and patterns, no two cakes are ever the same. You can also opt for alcohol-infused bites – it’s all just a DM away!
Sugar Bar, www.instagram.com/sugarbarhk
More Cake Shops For Customised Cakes
- Baking Maniac – Expect a seriously extensive range of flavours (including Masala Chai, Chilli Bomb and Mars Bar, to just to name a few), along with customisable cake pops and more. www.bakingmaniachk.com
- BakeBe – Bake your own cakes and desserts at this co-baking space! www.bakebe.com
- Complete Deelite – Photo cakes, interactive Piñata Smash creations and ready-to-go cakes. www.completedeelite.com
- Craft Cakes & Confections – Customisable cakes and sweets with vegan and gluten-free options. www.craft.com.hk
- Patisserie Tony Wong – Stunning custom rose-shaped cakes in a variety of flavours and colours, along with an extensive range of classic favourites. www.patisserietonywong.com
- Party Mate Cakes – Freshness and flavour are the order of the day at Party Mate Cakes, all dolled up in some seriously stunning works of confectionary art. www.facebook.com/partymatecakes
- Sugar Me HK – Creates works of art with whimsical designs and intricate details (four-tier cakes included!). www.sugarmehk.com
- Sweet Secrets – Provides an art cakes service ensuring your vision is brought to life exactly as you imagine it. www.sweetsecrets.com.hk
- Sweetpea Café – With dairy-free and vegan options, and signature flavours like double Earl Grey and strawberry shortcake, it never disappoints. www.sweetpea-cafe-hk.myshopify.com
Grab ‘N’ Go Cake Shops In Hong Kong
The Bakerism – Seasonal whole cakes for pick-up
This is one cake shop where you can expect new and seasonal cakes every few months as well as special cakes for festive seasons. One of the highly sought after cakes include the Oreo and Caramel Shortcake, which sounds divine and it is!
Butter Cake Shop – American-style cakes and pies
All of Butter’s cakes can be personalised with a special message, and require 48 hours advance notice. Delivery is available, as is pick-up from its stores. You can also arrange to have your special dessert delivered to any Black Sheep restaurant without any cake-cutting fee.
Butter Cake Shop, 34B, Staunton Street, Soho, Hong Kong
Cova – Italian cakes and pastries
These indulgent cakes may just put you in a chocolate coma. The trusted designs at Cova offer the finest ingredients from around the world, heavenly flavours and an elegant aesthetic. If layers of sponge cake filled with chocolate and cream, and surrounded by a fort of dipped profiteroles gets your salivary glands excited, then the signature St. Honoré is the cake for you.
Lady M – Delicious crêpe cakes
Known for its tantalising signature mille-crêpes cakes, Lady M commands queues around the block, and for good reason. Its super thin crêpes, sandwiched together with a thin layer of fresh cream, make for a surprisingly light cake variation. We’d recommend calling ahead for availability of its whole cakes as they tend to sell out fast!
More Grab ‘N’ Go Cake Shops In Hong Kong
- The Cakery – Gourmet treats that are gluten-free, paleo or made with wholewheat flour, and are low on refined sugar, overall a healthier alternative! www.thecakery.com
- DATE by TATE – We love the intricacy of the “Ode To Shan Shui”, which features an Earl Grey mousse and osmanthus goji berry jelly. www.datebytate.com
- The Mandarin Cake Shop – Indulgent cakes for every occasion, expect rich flavours and more classic cakes. www.mandarinoriental.com
- Marks & Spencer – Stocks a variety of pre-made and packaged cakes that make for a great grab ‘n’ go option. www.marksandspencer.com
- Tai Tai Pies – The Not For Rabbits Carrot Cake is a tried and true Team Sassy favourite, while the Coconut Sherry Decadent Cake is pure delight. www.taitaipiepies.com
- The Vege Lab – Makes 100% eggless and dairy-free cakes, cookies, tarts and more. thevegelab.com
- Vive Cake Boutique – With flavours such as Yuzu Meringue, Rose Penelope (made with rose, lychee and raspberry mousse) and Oreo Galaxy, its cakes are super creative and ideal for celebrations of all kinds. www.vive.hk
Cake Shops For Alternative Cakes In Hong Kong
Cookie DPT – Cookies! Need we say more?
Say it with a cookie. Cookie DPT’s drool-worthy creations need no introduction. Get in touch with them directly to create a bespoke cookie for your big day. They also offer cookie and Rice Krispie “cakes” and basque burnt cheesecakes too!
Cookie DPT, LG/F, Foco Building, 46-48 Cochrane Street, Central, Hong Kong, cookiedpt.com
Little Miss Macarons – Towering macaron cakes
Add a splash of colour to the birthday table with some dainty macarons. This pastry chef sure knows how to add flavour to these “jewels” of confection, and a tower of flowing macarons will have any French patisserie-lover drooling. We love its signature flavours, especially the sea salt caramel and the passionfruit almond cream.
Sydney Smash Cakes – Lolly-filled, chocolate piñata cakes
Re-live your wildest childhood dreams and get stuck into the cool creations by Sydney Smash Cakes. Filled with lollies and sweet treats, these cakes ooze creativity and are seriously delicious. Why should kids get all the fun?
XTC Gelato – Ice-cream as a cake alternative
What’s a party without ice cream? XTC Gelato serves scoops galore, but it also whips up a series of delish gelato cakes. Made with all-natural ingredients and no nasties, choose from a variety of flavours such as chocolate, blueberry cheesecake and mango coconut – all sure to please even the sweetest tooth.
Editor’s note: “Cake Shops In Hong Kong: Customised Cakes, Cake Deliveries & More” was updated in November 2021 and most recently updated in November 2022 by Team Sassy.
Our “Featured” sticker indicates a paid partnership.
Main image courtesy of Aneta Voborilova via Unsplash, image 1 courtesy Le Dessert, image 2 courtesy of Giovanni Pina, image 3 courtesy of The Good Cake via Facebook, image 4 courtesy of @illibakes via Instagram, image 5 courtesy of Ms B’s Cakery via Facebook, image 6 courtesy of Phoenix Sweets via Facebook, image 7 courtesy of Sugar Me Kissery via Facebook, image 8 courtesy of Butter via Facebook, image 9 courtesy of Lady M Hong Kong via Facebook, image 10 courtesy of The Cakery via Facebook, image 11 courtesy of Little Miss Macarons via Facebook.