There are so many options for delicious Chinese food in Hong Kong, there’s no way we can list them all! Here are some more of our favourite places if you’re looking for a great Chinese meal:
– Mott 32: High-end, fabulous decor and oh-so stylish. Think Iberico Char Siu… (read our review here!)
– Din Tai Fung: Quick, easy comfort from this famous Taiwanese chain. The xiao long baos are a must – hey, if they’re good enough for Tom Cruise…
– Crystal Jade: A fail-safe option offering comforting xiao long bao, Shanghainese dishes, dim sum and handmade noodles.
– Dim Sum: Too many choices, whether you go for a no frills local joint, Dim Sum Square or fancy City Hall, you can’t go wrong with a basket of ‘har gao’.
– Tung Po: Family-style sharing and HK beer in Chinese bowls… this place is great for big groups and a whole lot of fun.
– Cha chaan teng: HK style Western food that includes French Toast with lashings of butter, macaroni with spam and milk tea… try Australian Dairy Company or Hokkaido Dairy Farm Milk Restaurant.
– Beijing style dumplings at the Queen’s Street Cooked Food Market are a quick, cheap option you won’t regret.
– Tsui Wah: Open all night, this is our favourite stop for late night Hong Kong eats.
– Tsim Chai Kee Noodle – the best prawn wontons in town?
– Feeling hot, hot, hot? Try Chilli Fagara (check our our review here), DAN DAN Soul Food or Qi House of Sichuan for a spicy feast.
– All the restaurants on Lamma Island serve up delicious, fresh seafood. Salt & Pepper Squid, Garlic Prawns, Scallops… you name it, we love it.
Read more: Sassy’s Dim Sum Dictionary