Don’t forget to stuff those stockings!
You picked up the turkey weeks ago and you’re feeling pretty proud of your wrapping efforts scattered ever so flawlessly under the crowded tree, but with the mad panic that ensues in the lead up to Christmas, you can hardly blame a girl for forgetting one (or two) things come Christmas Eve! Santa may have checked his list twice over, but have you?
– The presents. You’ve got this – you’re organised, you’ve written down the names of everyone to shop for weeks ago. Look, you’ve even ticked them… oh. Oh sugar. In your defence, it wasn’t confirmed that your brother was bringing his girlfriend, and you definitely weren’t aware that your nan has now decided to pop by for ‘an hour or so’. Deep breaths girl, these last minute gifts will go down a treat.
– The turkey. Yes it’s probably sat in the freezer, nestled amongst the minced pies and last year’s Christmas cake, but if you’ve just so happened to find yourself dashing between every Wellcome and Park n Shop in town, losing the fight over the last 8 pounder in 360, then maybe it’s time to take a look at these Christmas dining out options instead…
– The Christmas cards. Okay, not an essential, but after refusing to play elf number 3 in the family Christmas card for the ninth year running, you did promise yourself that this year would be the year you wrote your own. It may be a little late to send them by post, but you can still hand them out to family and friends on the big day! Check out these cool, home-grown options here. Don’t worry, the shops are still stocked!
– The décor. The family is due over mid-morning and your little Hong Kong home is looking a little… sad. As tempting as cutting out paper snowflakes may sound, you’re an adult now, so you deserve pretty, adulty things. Go on, treat yourself to a new garland of fairly lights, replace that cinnamon-scented candle, sweep up those dropped pine needles and dash out to one of our favourite décor spots!
– The perfect outfit. Whether you’re dining in or heading out to a swanky restaurant for those free-flowing bubbles and endless troughs of buffet turkey, Christmas only comes around once a year, and (not that we’re ever in need of an excuse to get dolled up) we’ve been saving that overly red shade of lipstick for such an occasion! With places to be and people to see, a little holiday outfit inspiration goes a long way – we’re even going all out with festive fingertips here at Sassy HQ!
– The ultimate playlist. Right, you’re nearly there. All of the above has been (triple checked) and ticked off for real this time. The only thing left – the music. There’s only so much Michael Bublé that you’re Dad can stand, so it’s best to have a back-up. Well, aren’t you lucky that we’ve got just the thing that’ll have the ‘rents bopping away in their Christmas cracker hats and you swaying (deliberately of course), champers in hand to all the classics. Check out our festive favourites in this pre-prepared Spotify playlist!
– Relax. Annnnnd breathe! The moment we’ve been waiting 365 days for is here. No matter how (dis)organised you may be, you’re with the ones you love most and it’s time to celebrate family, friends and good cheer. A toast to you all. Merry Christmas, Sassy Girls.