Hong Kong’s heating up and we’re so ready for the sunshine! We’re already gearing up for summer, and what better way to prepare for the warmer climes than with a spot of shopping? That’s right, we’ve scoured the shelves and come up with a list of our favourite things for this month. Find out What Sassy Wants for May!
Time to get into the summer spirit!
1. Beat the heat in this cute and comfy ASOS Swing Cami Dress in Sunflower Print. Its loose, flowy fit is great for keeping cool in the humidity, and the sunflower print is sure to brighten up your day! Everyone needs one of these fail-safe dresses to shove on during the summer. It’s easy to wear and perfect for the beach, pool or that long-anticipated junk. Team with a denim jacket and sandals for a fresh summer look that will keep you cool…
Available at ASOS here for $447.32
2. We love it when our favourite brands collaborate to create an awesome new collection. That’s why we were so happy to hear that top-notch beauty brand, Crabtree & Evelyn, has teamed up with super flip-flop creators, Havaianas! They’ve produced a limited edition selection of flip-flops in five different colours that include Guava Red, Light Lilac, Neon Green, Neon Yellow and Neon Orange – all of which have a cute little Crabtree & Evelyn logo. These comfortable flip-flops are perfect for slipping on when it’s hot and humid, and we love these bright summer colours… we might just have to get them in every shade! As part of Crabtree & Evelyn’s Summer Sale Programme, you’ll be able to bag a pair of these exclusive flip-flops if you spend $1,800 in a single transaction at Crabtree & Evelyn.
3. Ever since French beauty brand Caudalie hit Hong Kong with their Gough Street spa, I’ve been a fan (see review here). Inspired by the vineyards of Bordeaux, Caudalie products not only smell fresh and feel luxurious, but they actually work! Trust me, I’ve been using their serum (which comes with a little pipette applicator) for a couple of months and my skin is much smoother and even. That’s why I can’t wait to get my hands on their new ‘Polyphenol’ collection. Perfect for summer, this new range is 100% anti-oxidant, promising wrinkle-free skin. It’s never too early to start on the anti-wrinkle creams! I’ve tried the Broad Spectrum Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid, which is a great moisturiser that manages to hydrate whilst being oil-free, and it has SPF 20 – just what you need for summer.
Available for $450 (Anti-wrinkle Defense Serum), $400 (Broad Spectrum Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid), $320 (Anti-Wrinkle Eye and Lip Cream), online here or in store; Caudalie, 3 Gough Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
1. You’ve got to know how much we love The9thMuse at Sassy, and to celebrate their re-opening they’ve also got some new arrivals. I’m seriously coveting these Dream Catcher Earrings with simulated opal and Swarovski crystal for summer… I’ve never even seen a pair of earrings like them! I love the blending turquoise and pink colours, and the unusual shapes will definitely stand out. Price-wise, they’re a bit of a splurge (ok, major splurge!) but I can see why. They’re unique and will work great as statement jewellery, even rivalling chunky jewelled necklaces. See you on pay-day, Dream Catcher earrings!
Available online here for $3,245 , or in store; The9thMuse, 12/F, Unit 1204, One Lyndhurst Tower, No.1 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong
3. I’ve always been a huge fan of Kate Spade for its cute, quirky designs that still manage to feel sophisticated. With summer just around the corner, this All Roads Lead To Rio Book Clutch is the perfect addition to a summer night out! Kate Space book clutches are the epitome of playful fashion, great for getting you in the mood for fun. Just be careful you don’t pick up your clutch instead of your book when you head off to the beach!
We’ve got some more summer essentials coming up… and a bit of fun in there for you too!
6. What better way to get into the mood for summer than with the sweet scent of coconut? Supermodel Miranda Kerr revealed that coconut oil was her number one essential beauty product – and it seems to be working for her pretty well! This little tub of Dr. Jackson’s Natural Products Coconut Melt is 100% organic, and can be used on your skin, lips, cuticles and hair. Not only will you smell like summer, but you’ll also reap the benefits of this natural super-food. Expect soft skin, shiny hair and hydration – this is going straight into the beauty routine!
Available at Net-a-Porter here for $121
7. When I saw these I couldn’t resist including them in this month’s What Sassy Wants. With Hong Kong heating up, these ceramic ring holders couldn’t be more appropriate! What a cute way to store your collection of rings – it’s sure to bring a smile to your face every time you reach for you favourite jewels. The Melting Popsicle Ring Holder with its light, lime green colour is cute and fresh, and you can’t help but see the funny side. Team it with the Melting Ice-cream Ring Holder for a hilarious pair – they’re ideal for injecting some playfulness and fun into organising your jewellery collection!
Available online here for $281.76 each
8. It’s never too early to start planning your summer holiday! Whether you’re jetting off to a beach paradise or catching the next flight for a weekend city break, you’re going to need to have your suitcase ready to go. And once you’ve packed all your best summer looks, you’ve got to hope they get there ok! There’s nothing worse than losing your luggage at the airport, so make sure you’ve got a bright and noticeable luggage tag attached to your goods. These Lewis N. Clark Neon Leather Luggage Tags are the perfect pop of colour to help you identify your case at the baggage claim, and if it gets lost you can scribble all your details down in them – just in case!
Available online here for $77.52
9. A fresh fragrance is the ultimate addition to your summer style. Let the new season infiltrate all the senses and spritz yourself with one of the Eau de Toilettes from The Body Shop’s Voyage range. You’ll smell divine with the English Dawn White Gardenia that’s soft and floral, or try the Amazonian Wild Lily for something crisp and fresh. If you’re a rose lover, then you have to try the Atlas Mountain Rose, which will leave you with a sweet scent! We love how The Body Shop values protecting the planet and is against animal-testing, so you can feel good about the products you’re using. We’re in a feel good mood… bring on the summer sun!
9. This new Hong Kong jewellery brand has the perfect pieces to add to your sophisticated summer look. Using the best quality materials from around the world, Palavi Jewelry creates one-of-a-kind jewellery that will give your outfit a unique touch. This Luxe Evie Eye Hamsa Bracelet is something you could wear all the time, and will go with any outfit. With semi-precious stones and sterling silver, this bracelet is sure to add a touch of designer-inspired glamour to your summer wardrobe.
Available here for $500
Enjoy your summer planning!