The sun is finally showing and we couldn’t be more excited! Time to hit the beach, sail out on a junk (check out our Junk Guide!) and get ready to rock a tan. Of course, we want to look good this season with some stylish accessories and outfits, but we are also determined to beat the heat. That’s right, from beautiful bags and gorgeous jewellery, to mosquito-repelling bands and hydrating water bottles, we’ve rounded up everything you need to survive Hong Kong’s summer in this month’s What Sassy Wants!
Check out some of the essentials you’ll need this June…
1. With the heat of summer already hitting us hard, it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated. Luckily we’ve found the perfect solution to beat the heat – the new Citrus Zinger by Zing Anything! We’ve always longed for a simple and healthy way to liven up our water without additives and preservatives, and with the Citrus Zinger, that detox can start ASAP! The cleverly designed juicer at the bottom of the bottle allows you to infuse your water with any kind of citrus fruit you desire. You can even put a teabag in the bottom and enjoy a healthy take on lemon tea, or add ice for long-lasting refreshment… just what we need to cool off in this 30-degree heat.
Available here for $240, or at G.O.D., City’super and Bookazine.
2. Oroton is a fab Aussie brand known for its quality leather bags and cute clutches, with many celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez and even The Duchess of Cambridge favouring their practical yet stylish designs. This Legacy Mini Bag is the perfect, easy-to-wear bag for summer, ideal for stashing valuables in as you hit a festival or beach party! We love the tan colour teamed with the metal mesh, which adds a touch of sparkle. This handy bag is able to transition from day to night and will work with pretty much any outfit… snap it up, quick!
Available here for $2,625 and at Hong Kong’s Oroton store; Shop 9, G/F, Empire Court, 2-4 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, 2174 8009. Don’t miss out on their sale on at the moment where you can get 30-50% off their gorgeous accessories!
3. We can never resist updating our jewellery collections, so when we heard about the opening of new jewellery boutique, Über Tunique, we were quick to go and check it out. Set in a trendy neighbourhood on Mee Lun Street, Über Tunique stocks a range of specially selected pieces. All the jewellery is creatively designed and you’re sure to walk away with something unique. We love this sweet pair of sparkling crystal earrings that are an absolute steal at only $100! At such a bargain price, we can afford to splash out on another piece of their fine jewellery, like this delicate Swarovski Tassel bracelet, which is only $150. The perfect pieces for summer!
4. The summer season is upon us, and as much as we love the sunshine we aren’t too fond of the sweltering heat for a couple of reasons. One, we end up looking like drowned rats if we walk anywhere as we’re drenched in sweat and two, it means an increase in pesky mosquitos! What’s a girl to do when your pins are covered in red, itchy bites?! That’s where Parakito comes to the rescue. This handy wristband diffuses a blend of seven essentials oils extracted from plants, which those little beasts are naturally repelled by. Okay, it’s not quite as chic as the Swarovski Tassel bracelet, but you’ll be thanking it when your bite-free after a trek on the Dragon’s Back! It does come in a range of colours too, so at least you can jazz up your hiking gear with a pink one…
Available here for $160 (which includes one band and two pellets).
Perfect your summer style with these gorgeous pieces!
5. It’s heating up, and we’re in need of outfits that will keep us cool and stylish. Enter one of our favourite Hong Kong brands, what the frock?!. Their Chevron Jersey maxi dress is ridiculously comfortable and will work wonderfully with a cute denim jacket for the evening or a pair of flip flops for the beach. Versatile, easy to wear, flattering and comfortable, what more could you want? And if we look half as good as founder Maria, then we’re definitely buying it! Don’t forget to check out what the frock?!’s selection of jewellery too, as they have the perfect necklace to match the navy and coral colours in this dress.
Available here for $899.
6. We’re seriously coveting these super cute ballet flats from one of our favourite stores, SAMBAG! These Natalie silver metallic ballet flats are ideal for easily slipping on before you go out for a shopping spree, summer stroll or a casual al fresco dinner. The buttery leather makes them super comfortable and will keep your feet cool in the heat – perfect! We just love the silver colour too which goes with any outfit… you’ll literally be a twinkle toes in these!
Available online here for $1,299.28 or at their Hong Kong store; SAMBAG, 6 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan , Hong Kong, 2968 1285.
7. Summer’s the perfect time to relax and what better way to unwind than with a cup of tea? Terre d’Oc has got just the brews for you! Sip on comforting cinnamon tea from Sri Lanka, fresh white tea from Fujian or spicy black tea from India… best of all, they’re all organic and fair trade so you can feel ever better while drinking them! Our favourite is this vanilla-flavoured roobios tea that’s sweet, light and perfect for a cool ice-tea on a summer’s day (see other tea flavours here!).
8. Those junk invitations just keep on coming, and that bikini from Stanley market we’ve had since we were 14 is starting to wear thin… it’s time for an update! Luckily for us, Hong Kong brand Papeete has some much more sophisticated swimwear options that will make you feel stylish when you’re out at sea or chilling by the pool. We love this sleek, black swimsuit that’s sure to make you sizzle on the sand when you hit the beach. This ‘Severine Maillot’ swimsuit design in a halter style has detachable strings that will make tanning a whole lot easier (goodbye strange tan lines!) and the two panels of mesh fabric above the hipbone add a little sauciness. Who knew swimsuits could be so sexy?
Available online here for $1077.64 or at their store; Tiare, 60 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong, 2540 3380