We’ve been looking into the FDA-approved Candela laser hair removal system.
How many times have you reached for the razor in the shower, knowing that your waxer will chastise you next time you go? We are definitely guilty as charged, especially during the hot summer months when (let’s face it) you really don’t want to let your leg hair grow if you’re living in shorts and dresses. That’s where Candela laser hair removal can help. It’s now available at one of our regular beauty haunts, High Society Skin Clinic & PrincessBrows.
With so many hair removal treatments on the market, you’d be forgiven for asking what sets this one apart. Well, that’s exactly what we wanted to know too, so now we can share our findings with you.
- The Candela system is currently used in 85 countries around the world (so it must be doing something right) and is regarded as one of the top non-invasive forms of hair removal on the market.
- It combines a longer wavelength (755 nanometres to be precise) with high energy to target the hairs, meaning the length of time the treatment takes is quicker than other types of laser (the shorter, the better in our opinion!).
- Not only is it fast, but it’s also effective. Although results do vary from person to person (depending on skin tone, type of hair etc.), generally within four to six sessions all hair in the treated area will be gone.
- But we reckon what you really want to know is how much pain or discomfort will the treatment cause? Well, we’d be lying if we said laser was a highly relaxing experience, but Candela’s state-of-the-art system definitely does do its best to make it more comfortable. That’s because it has an inbuilt Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) which instantly cools the upper layers of your skin before, during and after the energy pulse is applied. This helps to counteract any heat emitted from the laser itself.
- Did we mention that it can also be used on pretty much any body part? We’re talking upper lip, underarms, back, stomach, bikini line, legs, arms and even fingers and toes.
If you’re interested but still have some questions, why not give the salon a call and let one of its skilled therapists talk you through the process step by step? After that, all that’s left to do is book your appointment!
Sassy Perk: Don’t forget to mention Sassy when booking and for $1,200 you can get laser hair removal on a small, selected area (underarms, stomach, fingers, toes, upper lip) for $1,200. This includes unlimited return visits within one year. Its therapists will be able to suggest what’s needed for your skin and hair type.