While reading the August 09 issue of Marie Claire (UK edition) I came across the top 10 trends that are being seen on the runway for Fall. Since we all seem to love everything fashion here at Sassy I figured I would share them with you. Some of the things you may already have in your wardrobe, while others may require taking out the photo album to see how your mom dressed 30 years ago.
What's Hot on the Runways for Fall (Trends 1-5)
Below are 5 of the trends and tomorrow we will showcase the remaining 5.
1. The 80s: I am shocked to see that 80s fashion has made a comeback and I am even more surprised that I actually like some of the things I am seeing. The 2009 version of the 80s is seen in razor sharp shoulders, sequins, and bright neon colors.
2. Fierce Fashion: I am loving this trend! I think having a little edge to your look is amazing when living in a major city. This season it is all about the black leather and studs/zips on everything.
3. Bourgeois Chic: This trend is the total opposite of Fierce Fashion. Bourgeois Chic is about being very ladylike and structured. For the fall we will be seeing slim (or gently belled) skirts to the knee, “eel-thin” belts to cinch in the waist and fun accessories such as brooches, hats and gloves.
4. Country Pursuits: Looking at this trend has me imagining myself in the countryside in England. This look is all about soft colors, cozy knitwear and long scarves.
5. Man/Women Mix: It is always nice to feel ladylike and pretty but sometimes a girl just needs to add some masculine feel to her look. The Man/Women trend marries boyfriend blazers over girly blouses. Silk and Satin is the key to keeping this look girly.
Trends: Marie Claire UK, August 2009
Fierce Fashion: Nicole Miller
Bourgeois Chic: Donna Karan
Country Pursuits: Ralph Lauren
Man/Women Mix: DVF, Tracy Reese, Tracy Reese