Spoil yourself this summer and splurge on these goodies!
1. Are you missing someone who’s far away, or do you simply want to brighten someone’s day? The adorable cards and stationary from Ditto Ditto are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face! We love their Hong Kong letterpress postcard with its bright blue and red print of the skyline – perfect for sending to friends and family abroad. Or simply collect their whole range of Hong Kong themed cards, including The Peak, Stanley, Sheung Wan, Ngong Ping and Aberdeen! Don’t forget to check out the rest of their adorable illustrations here… we know where want our birthday cards from!
2. Summer’s the time for sunbathing and swimming, whether you’re frolicking in the waves at the beach or lounging by the pool. After you’ve cooled down in the water, it’s always nice to wrap yourself up in a big, cosy towel to dry off, and we’ve found the most luxurious towel around! Sleep Naked’s Stripe Cotton Cool Blue Beach Towel is super soft and cuddly, perfect for drying off with and for lying on when you want to soak up the rays. Made from luxury weight cotton and used in five-star hotels around the world, Sleep Naked towels are the ultimate luxury beach accessory… talk about indulgence!
Available online here for $280, Adult Standard Beach Towl is 110cm wide x 180cm long.
3. Gaile Lok, our recent Superstyler, has just launched her very own jewellery line, Smokey Roses, which we’re seriously coveting. Hey, if it’s good enough for a supermodel, it’s good enough for us! There are five different collections, and although all of them are beautiful, our favourite is the ‘Guardian Angel’ collection, which uses a cool angel wing design throughout. This Guardian Angel Cuff is available in Sterling Silver or Gold plated, and is the perfect addition to a summer outfit. Modern, stylish, elegant… this unique piece will certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
Available here for $140 USD.
4. Any cookie monsters out there? If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth, you’ve got to try the incredible baked goods from Homie Cookies. Their generously-sized, homemade cookies come in a selection of delicious flavours, from white chocolate matcha macadamia to peanut butter stuffed with peanut buttercups, to dark chocolate salted caramel and classic chocolate chip. All these flavours are to-die-for – trust us, we’ve tried them all! Highly recommended if you’re looking for the ultimate indulgent treat. One word – yum.
Keep it fresh this summer – from fitness to fashion to fragrance!
5. We love summer, but living Asia during this season comes with some downsides. Rainy season, humidity and last but not least the dreaded little pests that are mosquitos. If you’ve decked yourself out in Parakito gear already (check it out in our last What Sassy Wants here), but you’re still looking for a way to rid your home of mosquitos, then why invest in The Candle Company’s Citronella Candle? This is one purchase you won’t regret when you’re bite-free! Not only will this repel those annoying mossies, but it’s also non-toxic and harmless to the environment. We need one, ASAP.
Available for $45 here or at their store; The Candle Company, 11 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong, 2545 0099.
6. If you’re still working towards your bikini body, we’re got something that will make your workout regime a little bit more interesting! Here at Sassy, we’ve found the perfect gadget to help track your progress – the Rhythm by Soleus. With a wrist-based optical sensor, you can continuously monitor your heart rate without the need for a separate chest strap, and accurately measure your calories burned. Made by the same team that developed Nike Running Watches, they’re worn by both Olympians and beginners alike. What’s more, they’ve just released a brand new hot pink colour for the same market-beating price of $898! Keep ahead, track your progress and stay Sassy!
Available here for $898 or at City’Super, Re-Echo and GigaSports among others.
7. Have you heard that high-street fave, Topshop, has opened up a second Hong Kong store in Admiralty? We can’t wait to go and check it out, and of course spend a dollar or two… we love this Leaf Print Overlay Sundress, perfect for whacking on before you hit the beach. You’ll certainly stay cool in with the loose fit and you can easily dress this tropical print up and down for work and play. Ideal for taking on holiday!
Available here for $505.27 (shipping to Hong Kong available) or at the Topshop Hong Kong stores in Central and Admiralty: Topshop, Asia Standard Tower, 56-65 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong; Topshop, 93 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong.
8. My go to ‘perfume’ to spritz on this summer is this simple Coconut Eau de Toilette from The Body Shop. It’s the perfect sweet, summery scent that’s light and refreshing. Made with natural fruit extracts, this will have you dreaming of an exotic beach vacay with just a whiff! Best of all, it’s such a cute, little bottle which makes it easy to fit into your bag.