I feel bad saying this because we had a Public Holiday on Tuesday but I am really so happy the weekend is here so I can sleep. I have always been very big on sleeping and my husband says I can sleep anywhere and at anytime of the day. As I get older though I find that my sleep during the week is not always restful and serene. I go to bed checking my iPhone, wake up checking it and my dreams almost always have to do with some random task that is still left on my to do list. That is why I simply love the weekends. I typically go to bed and wake up with not a care in the world and my z’s are undeniably very high quality ones (except for big club nights which leave me feeling like a complete zombie the next day – getting old is so not fun!).
We were sent some tips from Aromatherapy Associates Co-Founder Geraldine Howard on how to sleep with complete relaxation and so I figured we would pass them on to you in case you needed to work on a deep sleep action plan. Most of the tips require a specific Aromatherapy product but there are also a few that are just helpful insights. While I really like Aromatherapy products my absolute favourite suggestion is #8. I am pretty certain that half of Hong Kong cuddles with their iPhone/Blackberry at night.
1. The best way to ensure a good night’s sleep is to bathe in Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil (HK $530) before going to bed. Light our Relax Candle, dim the lights and add one capful to a warm bath and inhale the aroma. It is regularly described as ‘better than sleeping pills’ and really does have the most incredible effect.
2. The ultimate indulgence, particularly for times of real exhaustion, is to have the Real Aromatherapy Experience combined with Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil, which is a profoundly sedative head-to-toe massage using carefully applied pressures, including neuromuscular and Swedish techniques to help ease an overactive mind.
3. Place a few drops of Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil in a bowl of hot water beside the bed, or an electric fragrancer, to benefit from the powerful blend throughout the night.
4. Apply a few drops of Deep Relax to pulse points before going to bed.
5. Spend ten minutes before going to sleep focusing on your breathing and taking long deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth. This will help you unwind from a long day and calm the mind.
6. Make sure you have a comfortable pillow and good quality pillowcase. Not only is this better for the skin, but it helps aid comfort throughout the night. If you’re travelling, consider taking your own pillow for reliable comfort.
7. Ensure the temperature of the room is not too cold/warm.
8. Banish the ‘berry from the bedroom. Avoid having your blackberry next to the bed, to remove the temptation to check emails if you wake in the night. It will make the brain more alert and therefore harder to resume a peaceful sleep.
Special Deal: Starting April for two months, to celebrate its 25th anniversary, Aromatherapy Associates is offering guests a complimentary limited edition Heroes Trial Set when purchasing a Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil, available at its partner spas listed below.
Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil
Hero’s Trial Set
- The Mandarin Spa at The Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Oriental Spa at Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Wellness Centre at Excelsior Hong Kong
- Sense of Touch
- Element Spa at The American Club Hong Kong
Enquiry hotline +852 3711 3232