Looking for a delicious carb-free dinner that’s quick and simple to whip up after a long day at work? Give these easy Chicken and Lettuce Cups a go! The sweet and salty chicken filling (with just a little kick of spice!) works a treat with the fresh ‘n’ crisp lettuce wraps, making a super tasty, go-to weeknight meal. Step away from your phone and don’t even think about looking on Foodpanda, these are too good to pass up. And, of course, they’re HK kitchen friendly (tried and tested by me!).
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, or 400g minced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 chunk of ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 gem lettuce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (optional)Serves 2
How to make it:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- If you are using whole chicken breasts, blitz these in a food processor to get a mince and then add to the heated oil (if using ready minced chicken just add to the pan straight away!)
- Cook until the chicken has browned, this should take about 3-5 minutes, making sure to drain excess fat as you go.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, chilli, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ginger.
- Cook until the onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the spring onion and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style and drizzle over some sriracha.
Be sure to check out next week’s recipe for more tasty inspiration (no matter how small your kitchen is!)
Happy Cookin’, girls!