We’re looking for a talented Sales Director to join our growing team…
Sassy Media Group creates inspiring and informative content and products for urban women to help them love the cities they live in and connect with their communities, to make their lives easier and more fun. We are a small scrappy company, which runs on girl power. Our team is enterprising, creative and collaborative. We make swift decisions, measure results and grow through learning. We are currently in Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and Manila.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managerial: Manage a team of Partnerships Managers to ensure they are meeting monthly sales goals and developing as strong employees.
- Sales Plan: Develop and own yearly sales plan (forecasting, targets, inventory management, strategies) and submit to Managing Director (HK) with regular updates to management on performance.
- Monthly Sales Targets: Ownership that monthly sales targets are being met and making sure that each Partnership Manager is on track to reach their own monthly sales goals.
- Business analysis: Consolidate and analyse sales performance data (ex: sales, inventory availability) to develop insights and recommendations for senior management.
- Creative Concepts/Solutions: Come up with new creative concepts that can bring new revenue streams to the business.
- Market intelligence: Keep abreast of market trends, demand fluctuations and pricing strategies and come up with strategies on how to implement.
- Sales Support: Ensure the sales process works smoothly and implement any process improvements to make sure that client projects are being managed efficiently and effectively to ensure client satisfaction.
- Training: Responsible for making sure team members are properly trained on all relevant systems and processes and that working relationships between departments are in a great position
- Events: Work together with Partnership Team to develop events strategy.
- Marketing: Work with Digital and Editorial Teams to ensure that the Hong Kong business is growing outside of sales (mailing list, page views, media sponsorships) and develop strategies to help support that.
Education & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 5 – 10 year’s experience in a sales or business development role
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- At least 2 years of experience in management role
- Prior work in small business set up (in-house of external) and relevant industrial experience would be advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Can-do attitude with ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results in tight time frames
- Very strong sales and analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting, data analysis and sales forecasting
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills (including mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate employees to reach goals and be a manager who they can rely on.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management, as well as teams and vendors in a cross-functional, multi-national and multi-cultural environment, sometimes with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently if needed with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think of creative solutions that allow for growth opportunities
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and cross-team capacity with internal stakeholders
- Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics
If you fit the bill, please email [email protected] with your CV and base salary expectations. Please include the job title in the email subject line.