Sassy Media Group is seeking an Editorial Assistant to support our Sassy Mama Dubai Team (but the position is based here in Hong Kong at our office in Sheung Wan!).
The main purpose of the role of Editorial Assistant is to support the Editor to ensure all content related to the site is prepped and uploaded either onto the site or in the weekly newsletter. The role is an administrative support role supporting our Sassy Mama site in Dubai (but the position is based in Hong Kong) and there will be opportunity if desired to help with writing content.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Uploading daily posts to site and format as needed with images and links including a final proofread before publishing and scheduling
· Creating main feature images for all posts based on Sassy Design Conventions
· Updating main feature images to the Homepage every morning
· Managing the Editorial Calendar alongside the Sassy Mama Dubai Editor to show status of planned content and ensure deadlines are being met
· Posting story links to Facebook
· Liaising with relevant PRs to update them when a story has gone live
· Handling any article corrections/updates that may be requested
· Creating all newsletters and EDMs in Mailchimp, including advertorial EDMs and the Weekly Sassy Mama newsletters.
· Working with Editors to finalise and approve the weekly newsletters and schedule send-out
· Updating Mailchimp database prior to each newsletter/eDM
· Assist as needed on editorial research for articles
· Handle contest logistics including making/inserting Google forms
Desired Skills and Experience
· Degree holder with relevant working or internship experience
· Interest in writing and editing
· Knowledge in WordPress and in any image editing program is preferred
· Excellent in Microsoft Office
· Pleasant working attitude, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organized
If you fit the bill, please email email@example.com with your CV telling us why you’d be a fab fit for the Sassy team! Please include the job title in the email subject line.