I think I may have mentioned this before but I don’t particularly love summer dressing. First off, I am addicted to black and I am contemplating whether I can pull off dark colored nails throughout the summer and I also can’t really pull off the flowy maxi dress look that seems to look so good on everyone else.
Reluctantly, I feel I need to introduce some color into my summer wardrobe so I am thinking the best approach is keep my attire basic and simple (aka black mini, grey and white tanks) and accessorize the look with fun necklaces, bracelets and rings that scream “it’s summer”! I decided to take a look at all of the jewelry designers that will be showcasing their items at “Souk in the City” this Wednesday and come up with my summer accessory wish list which will hopefully add some pep into my basic black, grey and white wardrobe.
1. I have been wanting a Bejewelled Bespoke necklace in cream for the longest time but since this post is about colour I think I am going to have to add the “Sassy” necklace to my list. This necklace was actually originally made for Hester and is now available as a made to order item.
2. Everytime I walk in the Niin showroom a ring always finds its way to my finger. Wouldn’t this green one look very nice on my right hand as I sip a nice refreshing summer cocktail?
3. This Amelie Necklace would look oh so lovely with a grey structured t-shirt dress and stylish flat sandals.
4. I love, love, love this statement necklace by Jamie Diane. I would wear it with a casual day outfit to make me feel effortlessly put together.
5. I am imagining throwing on crisp white shorts, a grey tank, white jeweled thong sandals and this fab Lola and Syd ring.
6. These ethic inspired earrings from Raaga Chic would be my go to item for those hot days when only a ponytail will do. I love how they are styled in this pic with my go to colour – black!